Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw it today at the bombardier web site...they look pretty nice...

http://www.lynx.se/

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Lynx is just the northern European version of the Ski-doo MXZ's
They look identical.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Err no Lynx has a whole catalog of sleds. Not just a modifired mxz.

The chassis is nearly stock Skidoo but the suspension is different.

Hjortur

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
My mistake Hjortur,
I thought that Bombardier just put different decals on and threw them on a boat. How are the suspensions different? It is hard to tell on the web site if they are any different from our Canadian versions. Does Lynx have a version of the REV as well?
Skol,
Kevin (the confused Icelander) Carlson

·
Registered
22 Posts
The front shocks are more vertical, and the rear ones also seem to be that way. If you have got slednecks 4, in the iceland segment Lexi Karason is pulling a wheelie you can see the front suspension really well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I saw it race up at mt snow vt two years ago at the x game it was a cool looking sled but racing against the like of blair and tucker it was no match. I didn't see it up close.

TEAM BLUE SAID WIND IT UP BABY

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
striking my comment. I think Lynx is made by Bombadier though. Or is lynx a seperate company that modifies them and then resells them? ahh I see the bombadier logo on the site so I am guessing Bombadier just installs different suspension then sells them by a diff name.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dunno, i saw the lynx website as a link off of bombardier, alone with johnson, evenrude, skidoo, etc...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
6 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
striking my comment. I think Lynx is made by Bombadier though. Or is lynx a seperate company that modifies them and then resells them? ahh I see the bombadier logo on the site so I am guessing Bombadier just installs different suspension then sells them by a diff name.

[/quote]

Hi guys,

Since I´m from Sweden (northern europe) I know that LYNX is a former sled manufacturer of its own. They were a couple of years ago bought by Ski-Doo. Ever since then the Bombardier group tries to cut costs by using much of the same stuff on both brands.

Up here in northern europe LYNX is known for Oversized/Racing suspension and almost unbreakable sleds. Not much heavier thoug, but very well assembled.

To comment upon the similaritys between the Sk-Doos and the LYNX there are the same chassi but with different front and rear suspension.

The LYNX sleds also handles a lot different to Ski-Doos.

//Robster

If you think you are in controll, you simply are not going fast enough!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lynx make their chassis themselves. it's not just some modified ski-doos. the front suspension has only one wishbone, ski-doo has two.
the rear suspension is almost similar to fast m-10, and is called
rcg-1. just so you know[;)]

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Lynx is only owned by bombardier and some models use the same engines,everything else is Lynx´s own creation.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
And here are links to my Lynx topics if you want to see more pics of lynx´s
Lynx 2006 Models
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28319
Older lynx topic
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22228

·
Registered
811 Posts
read the other thread in here. Lynx has a different chassis mostly ski-doo related just cosmetic stuff. The shocks up front are my verticle the idlers out back are different they have a 1400cc fourstroke engine. They are bombie owned and built lots of the stuff is that same. Lynx are not sold in the US.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bombardier bought Lynx in the middle of nineties mainly for the reason they wanted to use Nordtrac's(former Lynx manufacturer, nowadays Bombardier-Nordtrac) marketing and logistics in Europe, mostly Scandinavia.

Lots of technical stuff nowadays known as "Skidoo stuff", like RAVE, and syncronized gearbox were actually first used in Lynx sledges.

In Europe Lynx is known for extremely hard racers, but I think even more for utility sleds that has capability for hard work and good running in deep snow. Actually 2006 Skidoo's Expetidion TUV is pretty much on Lynx's ST550/ST600 in Skidoo's colours and at least couple of years ago they were all manufactured by Bombardier-Nordtrac in Rovaniemi.(IIRC the model was called Skandic then)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lynx is a way better sled then ski-doo(but uglyer)! It is buildt to be molested! here in scandinavia we don't have as smooth trails as u got in america! so it's buildt for bumby trails!
The only reason that lynx isn't sold in america is because bombardier won't let em!
here's some pics of the new lynx! http://asko7.softavenue.fi/kuvagalleria/mklehti/naytakansio.asp?HID=1080

and here's the "older"(the nicest!)
http://img314.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc017075pf.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Lynx has been around for YEARS now.. just not in north america. Some of Ski Doo's work sleds are built by the same company that builds the Lynx sleds... Which is owned by Ski Doo.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Hey guys welcome to the forum and glad you can give insight on the Lynx sleds to those that don't know about them. Those are some sweet sleds, just wish they can be sold here because they are durable and made for real riding like here in Alaska or anything above the 60th parallel for that matter. Talk about taking sleds to their limit, at least I do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts