Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Has anyone seen skags that have a a bend in it like a S both skies have it i never seen skags like it and none of my friends have eather. It dosn't look like they were hit it looks like someone did it . Do the bends help it stabilze it and not follow other tracks ? Anyone know?

·
Registered
64 Posts
never seen any like that but to me it would seem stupid to have a bend in a skag cause i would think it would have more drag on the ski...just my .02 cents

1992 polaris rxl 650

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've seen one skeg bent like that, but it had 2 S curves in it from hitting a rock kinda hard. But other than that, never seen it when it was supposed to look like that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Your friend needs new skags, change those puppy's before somebody gets hurt.
My buddy drove with the snakes " from rocks" then bang, pow, shammamm the metal ski folded in half, the front was under the back half of the ski and flipped it. He had to drive it back about 10 miles, he got a lot of looks from other sledders

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Bent skags would be news to me. But people get all kinds of funny ideas. The owner could hve done it thinking it would help darting.

·
Registered
837 Posts
when i bought bot of my sleds used coth sets of skegs were bent in like a C towards the inside of the sled right where the carbides are, it look like from hard cornering

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
you need new runners, get rid of those bent ones...the improvement in handling will be well worth it

---------------
FOR SALE: 91 Polaris Indy 500 SP...check my profile for more info and pictures

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Get rid of them. The only way that they got that way was by hitting something. He is gonna have one hell of a time handling his sled with S curved carbides.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ya......S shaped carbides would be useless......it would drive like crap and slow u down alot

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cheep or thin skags will bend from hitting the trailer edge also!

You can Fly with EFI
Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've seem them bend or break from loading on the trailer to. You gotta replace them, but see if you can figure out what they're hitting first cause good skags aren't cheap.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts