Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, we have about 2 feet of snow here in copenhagen ny, and so i was getting my xcr ready, i got a brand new oem xcr 700 cylinder, new piston, rings gaskets... Good stuff huh? well, my engine rolled outta the back of my subaru(my hatch opened, and the straps broke) i broke 2 exhaust valve covers, bent a few small things, clacked recoil housing/fly wheel cover no biggie, ordered another. now i took it off, and theres about a 1" x 1/2" piece(where it mounts to) thats broke off, and open. i've talked to afew people, they said it would be fine to run, and offer a vent.... suggestions without replacing the cases?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If it's in a compression area, weld it.

If it's in a non-compression area, JB-weld it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
If it's in a compression area, weld it.

If it's in a non-compression area, JB-weld it.
no, its nor, its right behind the fly wheel cover, on the case, where the cover bolts to, theres a piece thats broken... Where the bolt threads in i talked to a local sled shop that oes alotta high performance stuff, they said it should be fine

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
That would be a non-compression area... I'd just JB weld the piece in place to keep moisture out of the stator.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
That would be a non-compression area... I'd just JB weld the piece in place to keep moisture out of the stator.
yeah. i figured its not a HUGE deal. im looking for a 136 skid still:-/, edge of course! my fox shocks need rebuilding, im never gonna get it going! i got rippe off on a race pack udx for 300.00:-/ so i dont have gauges, i may end u trying a trail tech water temp/tach set up. oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts