Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the best secondary clutch setting is for a stock '89 exciter? A-1, B-1, B-2, etc. I took the secondary apart without marking the holes where the spring was originally set. I had a bad hangover therefore I wasn't thinkin'. Iput it back together on B-2 anyway. It's great off the line but top end sucks! Just wondering if anyone has ever toyed with it before.

·
Registered
112 Posts
with a yamaha clutch, the settings going from loose to tight are C,A,B so ur in the tightest setting, thats why your getting the good take off, maybe try A and change the numbers aroudn to get it to what you want

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey, i did the same thing u did. i ended up on b2 with 70 degree twist. whats your top end? i get up to 80 quick.

did u get it right?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I put it on A-2. Now I have another problem. When I try to open it up it starts dogging and spitting. It only does it when I try to open it up. Spark plugs are fine and it idles great and starts first or second pull.?????? Any idea?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cleaned the carbs out once but didn't put to much detail into it. I'll go through them real good today and used compressed air. I also overloked a BIG slice in the rubber boot that connects the carb to the air box. Maybe it was sucking air too. Thanks for the ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts