Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,im trying to fix a broken recoil rope on a 93-ish Exciter II.I can't seem to figure out how to get it off though.It seems as though you have to take off the waterpump,belt,and pulley.Here is a pic showing what im trying to figure out..Any information is greatly appreciated. Trav

[attachment=52791]

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
What you are looking at is indeed the water pump drive. What you removed to see that is the recoil assembly.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No,i havent removed the recoil assembly yet.It is still on the sled.I only took off a black cover thing that had like 5 bolts in it. Trav

·
Registered
108 Posts
Okay, I have two Exciters & I just finished putting a new rope and sheave in one last thursday. The black "cover thing" that had 4 bolts in it should hold the rope, spring, sheave and pawl. The pawl comes out and engages one of those four recesses in the water pump drive when you pull on the cord.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does this link help?http://216.37.204.206/xtremepowersports/Yamaha_OEM/YamahaSnow.asp?Type=13&A=73&B=12 Go here, select year make & model, then select starter & you will have a diagram.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey,i just went outside and looked and you are right the recoil is on the inside of the cover i took off.I must have missed it somehow.Oh well hopefully i can get the damn sled running tomarrow.Any tips on installing the new rope? Trav

·
Registered
108 Posts
Only tips are get an assistant to hold the housing when loading up the rope, WATCH THAT SPRING!!! Its real fun once that flies out. And the yamaha manual says wind up rope sheave FIVE revolutions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts