Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys know of any perfromance up grades for a 1991 ExciterII 570? im pretty new to sleds and i dont know a whole lot about beefing up the engine or any thing....thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i got an 89 exciter my back up sled but rode it for 2 yrs and it was a fun sled just not enough suspension but the motor is decent plenty of power what i did with mine was put 96 1 inch studs on it and a clutch kit and she really goes like hell now

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so with a 1 inch track would 1 inch studs grip well?or would they bairly girp?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't know much about sleds, but my guess is that you would need some thing like a 1.25 inch studs on a one inch track., otherwise the studs wont grip the ice or packed snow well enough to make large difference. Those exciters are nice sleds, one of my friends put a 156 inch track in his, goes through the powder better than most 800's out there and so much nicer to get unstuck :)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i have like a .88 inch track on mine and i went with 1 inch studs does yours have the original track just do like i did what u want is the studs to stick out about a quarter inch beyond your track no more on an exciter there isnt as much clearence on them as there is newer sleds and good luck if u need any other info i can help i pretty much know the exciter pretty well

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
and a good set of carbides will make it corner very well if u dont already have any on there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts