Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have never had this problem before with any of my exhausts but i just bought a sno stuff rumble pack and where the can meets the header pipe it leaks out smoke and it pours out of my hood. what can i do to make this seal tight. ppl told me i can use gasket maker because its good up to 500 degrees. is this true or do you know of anything else i can use?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Like said above^^^double up the springs and a good dose of high temp silicone usually does the trick.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now that silicone will be fine there correct? its not gunna start burning and smell funny

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
motorheaderr said:
now that silicone will be fine there correct? its not gunna start burning and smell funny
I have been using the permatex brand Ultra Copper high temp silicone for years now and with great results, some guys like to use the black or red but I have stuck with what has worked for me and the ultra copper has been tried and true, I even use it for gasket sealer on my exhaust manifold, a thin coating on both sides of the gaskets makes for a awesome seal and I don't get any oil blow by that makes a mess of the front side of the motor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
you can also seal it by rapping normal house hold tin foul around the pipe that fits on the in side :)

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
98700xc said:
motorheaderr said:
I have been using the permatex brand Ultra Copper high temp silicone for years now and with great results, some guys like to use the black or red but I have stuck with what has worked for me and the ultra copper has been tried and true, I even use it for gasket sealer on my exhaust manifold, a thin coating on both sides of the gaskets makes for a awesome seal and I don't get any oil blow by that makes a mess of the front side of the motor.
Nothing better^^^

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think im gunna.. i dont wana jimmy rig it, i want it on there good so i can guarantee no leaks

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i just went and bought a pack of rtv gasket maker. and the black one is for heat correct.? theres a tube of black and a tube of red

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Bring it back and get the copper. You won't be sorry. I use it on my fireplace doors when I have to replace a pane.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts