Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if an exhaust pipe/muffler from an evolved will fit on a wedge (for the same size engine) without hacking up the belly? I guess the biggest question would be if the downpipe would still fit through the bellypan.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I know that a pipe off a 99XC(I think it is a Gen 2) would not fit my 98XC Wedge.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by torkerob
[br]I know that a pipe off a 99XC(I think it is a Gen 2) would not fit my 98XC Wedge.
What wouldn't fit....the downpipe through the belly?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The can would not fit into the space beside motor(must be more room on the gen2), and the whole thing seemed too long so I could not fit it onto the original can and it would not line up with the mounts. I bought it off a guy on this forum hoping it would fit but I ended up just reselling it locally.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well, I have never tried it myself, but it may fit. They will be different shapes, but I think the major differences are that they must fit under the lower hood, which required them to bend the bottom of the pipe up more to clear the shock tower. The only way you can be sure is to find one and measure it to see if it will fit.

1996 Indy 500 (Evolved)
[attachment=41219]
[attachment=41220]
[attachment=41218]

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts