Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering what would be the best can for my sled with certain conditions...lower sound increase,light has possible and best band for a buck...some guy sell's a DG silencer on ebay and he says its just a bit louder than stock...what do you think about that...and is it true that its a direct bolt on and you dont have to play with your jetting an overall setup...thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
I loved my DG I had on my Ultra, and it was not a bit louder then stock, it was WAYYYYYYY louder! Shaved 9.5 lbs off too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
^ Had the same thing on my Storm. Sounded so sweet it would make the hair on the back of your neck standup. You do need to dial in the air fuel skrews. Usually a 1/4 turn does the trick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
i have a mbrp on my sled i found it wasnt a whole lot louder until i got my thumg into the throttle alot. ive never heard one on a ultra or a storm but i find that when you put a can on a twin it gets way louder. i didnt notice any power differene and didnt have to do anything to the jetting. If ya ask me all they do is save weight and make your sled louder. im changeing to a set of pipes this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
I have a DG on my XCR. It is so friggen loud, that I know the sled when it coming down the trail. My son used to ride it, and I would put him in the back of a pack, and wouldn't have to turn back to see if everyone was there. All I did was ease my throttle and listen for him. I did notice the can was alot louder when I had it on my xlt extra 12. It is a sweet sounding can, and I made no mods to the carbs, bolted on, and drive. Power seems the same, but the sound tends to make me feel theres more. true power comes from pipes, but with local law enforcement, when the long trips come, the stock can goes back on, one warning was it took for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
yeah i was in dorset last year and got stopped with my can had tp pay a fine and the only reason i had it one was cuz my stock one rotted off but it dont make a difference in teh cops moind if your riding trails stay stock kepp the whoel engine stock advance the timing and shade and play with clutching (adavance teh timing will increase midrange power but may create detonation and teh requirement for a high octane gas)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Had a dg on my xcr...sounded mean...at full throttle it sounded like a rel lud " ripping" sound...in a group of sleds everyone thought thier sled was falling apart....turned out it was the sound from mine down the trail!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
Originally posted by inlineguy
[br]yeah i was in dorset last year and got stopped with my can had tp pay a fine and the only reason i had it one was cuz my stock one rotted off but it dont make a difference in teh cops moind if your riding trails stay stock kepp the whoel engine stock advance the timing and shade and play with clutching (adavance teh timing will increase midrange power but may create detonation and teh requirement for a high octane gas)
dorset? in what state?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Dorset... Ontario, Canada.

All cans are loud. They sound ok at idle.... but get on the thottle.... Booooo!! Good way to piss off people and get the trails closed.

I have listened to all the sound clips from various cans... NONE of them are "Close to" stock or "Just a little" Louder...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
I have a DG and Dynoport silencers and a Dynoport can for my XCR-800. The DG did no increase in the sound, but sounded flat, no tone at all. The Dynoport can was slightly louder than stock can, but it was soooooooo sweet. It made the sled growl. I coulnd't get over the sound. Everyone who heard it said it made a growling sound. When I got on it it would sound just like a Yammi triple. I took it off after a 120 mile ride, as overall, the increase in sound was annoying on the long rides. I now have the stock can on.

I might do some racing this year, and am saving the Dynoport silencers for that.

I will sell you the DG's for cheap, email me at [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,318 Posts
Mbrp are usually loud, I dont know about their trail version though, that model might not be too bad. I also know that Aaen's concept with pipes and cans is power without the noise. You may want to check if they make a can for your sled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Originally posted by BarkMulcher
[br]Dorset... Ontario, Canada.

All cans are loud. They sound ok at idle.... but get on the thottle.... Booooo!! Good way to piss off people and get the trails closed.

I have listened to all the sound clips from various cans... NONE of them are "Close to" stock or "Just a little" Louder...

Try SLP cans.... they are nearly quiter than stock.... Also there are alot of people that do not ride on the trails at all, and cans are acceptable it some places. So save that old song and dance its tiring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by BarkMulcher
[br]Dorset... Ontario, Canada.

All cans are loud. They sound ok at idle.... but get on the thottle.... Booooo!! Good way to piss off people and get the trails closed.

I have listened to all the sound clips from various cans... NONE of them are "Close to" stock or "Just a little" Louder...
Then you haven't heard an SLP can. I have one on my sled and it is hardly louder than the stock can. It adds a deeper, nicer sounding tone to it, and it is ALOT smaller. I think I saved about 8 lbs. over stock. For the way you described of what you want in a can, I think an SLP is a perfect match.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top