Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[purple]Is there a "donut" type gasket between the exhaust manifold and the pipe that should be replaced after dissassembly?
Thanks for your help![/purple][/size=4][/font=Comic Sans MS]

[purple]Kimba466[/purple][/size=4][/font=Comic Sans MS]
[purple]Ride Safe[/purple][/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Some use what i would call a Graphite or lead gasket in between, and some don't. Others are just metal to metal, than i would just use some gasket maker or high temp silicone to seal it. Make sure your exhaust springs are still good and not stretched out.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You know I was was wonderin' about that. My 96 XLT SP does not have a tight seal between the exhaust pipe and where it connects to the 3 to 1 exhaust manifold that comes off the motor. I wanted to seal it but was not sure what I could use. I does not look like there is a donut to be replaced. Would anything by Permatex work? They seem to be makers of liquid gaskets for many things.

* Polaris * ......... The Way Out!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
There is no Donut on the XLT's. The silicone I have seen used mostly is the orange stuff. It is Permatex Hi-temp "Ultra copper".

NO FOREST FAIRIES(SKIERs)
BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!
'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

·
Registered
425 Posts
I didn't think so. I couldn't see where it would fit. So should it be sealed if exhaust leaks from it until the motor is warm or should I just leave it be?

* Polaris * ......... The Way Out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts