Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for an expantion chamber for a 1996 formula stx single pipe. mine has rust holes in it! ive looked in some bone yards, but nothing worth the money! not much better than what i have. this might sound stupid but i tried to seal the holes with jb weld for a temp- fix but if any one has one for sale let me know?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hu seems that the jb weld works great sprayed it with some vht flame proof ceramic coating then heat treated it and it seems to work great but i still would like to buy a better pipe or even twin pipes. so if any one has it let me know

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
What part do you need; y-pipe, tuned pipe, silencer (this is from the engine out)

What type of engine 583?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TeamNFG said:
What part do you need; y-pipe, tuned pipe, silencer (this is from the engine out)

What type of engine 583?
i need the expansion chamber [tuned pipe] after the y pipe- to the can. its a 1996 formula stx 583 rotax with the rave valves

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Call around to Doo shops, they have changed out a million pipes (from new) Let them know you have a 96 583, and indicate if your pipe has a end dump or side dump

Post a wanted sign in the for sale section here in SF

If you live in Alberta or close to it let me know, I can hook you up with some people that should have what you need

1 - 5 of 5 Posts