Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Z1R Rail helmet. I have been himming and hawing about going back to a MX style helmet for warmer days. I really have no experience with the Z1R brand. I'm sure there are poeple out there with them. I am looking for your pros and cons about the helmet.

It also has a set of Smith quick clip goggles in yellow tint lense. I know Smith is a decent brand and I had them years ago for my dirtbikes so I am not worried about them. Thanks for all your experiences.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have been looking at that helmet too. I went to my dealer yesterday, but they didn't have any in stock. They did have the Roost II in stock and i would say stay away from that model.

Look at Z1R's intake flame helmet, it is pretty sweet too.

·
Registered
625 Posts
We use Z1R helmets for racing and have seen how strong they are.We have stud marks in one of our helmets from getting run over by another sled.We have "race tested" them for several years and have no complaints.I'm sure you'll be happy with one for the trail on those warm days.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I've been using a Z1R helmet for the last two years and I can't remember anything I don't like about it. Even for an MX style helmet, I still don't have issues with being cold.

[attachment=8245]

^^^^^
My daughter likes it too [:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I was about to buy a helmet like that. But, I decided to buy a Team Arctic Sno-Pro helmet instead.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So from the sounds of it so far no complaints then?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
My brother has one and loves it.....

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have two of them and they work great for me. Very good helmet for the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts