Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a silencer for my sled. i want to add a lil sound but not too loud. i have a 600 fusion and was looking @ the slp product. what do you guys think and if you have any other options let me know. remember i want to keep it quiet. just want to add a little sound and a lil more power and less weight.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I LOVE mine, it sounds good imo not to loud but good. my buddie has a xc500 with a mbrp trail can he says mine is just as loud. i dont know if it is but i really like mine regardles of loudness. its deeper which i like better.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I got the same feelings as proxJ about my SLP. But let me fore-warn you that if you let road salt get on them, to take them off immediately and some how clean them of the salt. I let road salt get on mine and then road it for 120 miles. After that I let it sit for a week and a half and now some of the rust and stains from the salt and water aren't coming out no matter how hard I try to polish it. Some of the rust (surface rust) and stains are coming out but not the deep rust spots. I'm really mad at myself.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the 07 600HO and I put on the SLP can Last night I have the sound clip of before and after... the only thing is this can is a 2000 ERA not the new 2007 ERA... i bought it brand new it is louder than the new ones...

let me know what you think!!

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/file.asp?id=14254

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have the whole SLP set up on mine and love it for the reasons your talking about. I hate that really loud stuff and this has good sound while not being to loud. SLP is a great product and you will not have a complaint if you go with them.

[attachment=51393] [attachment=48443]

DW

Attachments

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Matt, Bob who i was tellin you about, has the SLP pipe/can combo on his fusion 700, sounds excellent, he's an SLP dealer too, let me know if you want to talk to him......local poo shop should carry slp too

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the sound clip helped alot. i think that helped with me decision. brenden, should i just check with my polaris dealer or would it be easier to get it through bob? thnaks for all your help guys.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Don't just buy the can itself, I'd buy the whole SLP pipe/can combo for full performance and weightloss. You'll actually gain HP and lose more weight for the money spent.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
My buddie has the whole setup on his dragon 600 ho and it goes better then it does stock and sounds good, again not to loud but way better!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what about MRBP or soemthing along those lines. my brother has one on his rev and it sounds sick. anyone got a sound clip of that? thanks for all your help. i am just trying to make a good decison.

·
Registered
700 Posts
SLP Era 2007 Pipe and silencer for 06-07 600HO IQ carb models
Part # 09-634
$519
+10h.p., 5.2ft-lbs
-7.5 lbs weight
"Sound level output of this silencer is lower than previously experienced with our era 2000 products"
Orders(208)529-0244

·
Registered
198 Posts
I finnaly got my sled out this weekend i was running with a 2004 skidoo xps 600 sdi with a MBRP can, everyone thought the SLP sounded alot cleaner and nicer than the MBRP all the way through the range....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts