Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:(]I have a 92 l/c EXT550 that was running fine. Then one day it started to miss and sputter at higher RPM's when I hit the throttle. The wierd thing was I was able to gradually ease into the throttle and hit top speed. I replaced the fuel filter, rebuilt the pump, plugs, and put de-icer in the tank. Also cleaned and synchronized carbs, and now it will not draw gas to the carbs. I may have used the wrong pump rebuild kit, will that make a difference? Any suggestions?[:(]

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well, if it is not getting fuel, and you used the wrong fuel pump rebuild kit... It would be safe to assume that thats probably your problem...

Yes it does matter what kind of fuel pump rebuild kit you use. It should be replaced with the same parts that came out of it...

-Rob

·
Registered
167 Posts
check to see, some sleds use a in tank filter at the pick-up it could be blocked?, also check the impluse hose from the engine to the fuel pump,[cracked or leaking} ive heard of these having problems too, good luck, let us know what you find.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Chances are, you got the fuel pump clean, but put it back together wrong. Make sure the hoses are right, and the pump itself is right(pumping)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New developments on this topic. I am getting fuel to the carbs now and spark, but now the left cylinder does not want to work. The right cylinder will work fine. I took the cylinder apart and the piston rings, o-rings, and walls all looked great. 110 psi. Am i adjusting the carbs wrong? any hints?

·
Registered
172 Posts
What do you mean when you say "The left cylinder does not want to work."?
Do you have spark in the left side? And fuel? Just because you have fuel going up the lines to your left carb doesn't necessarily mean that the fuel is making it into that left cylinder.

If that cylinder has 110 psi compression, how much does the right one have?

Let us know, we'll help you get that baby figured out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I meant that the left and right sides are both sparking, but the left side does not appear to be getting any fuel into the cylinder. When cleaning the carb the bowl was full so I am getting gas into the carb. A friend suggested replacing the crankshaft bearings. Any ideas on this? The right side has 120 PSI so I thought that I had thrown a ring or something but I couldn't find anything that looked bad when I tore it apart.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is it possible that when you put that left carb back together again that you installed the float assembly incorrectly? I put one in upside down once in my 4 wheeler, and the needle valve would not let any fuel to enter the carb - it was in the closed position & wouldn't move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts