Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 95RXL Touring and i wanna change to a 136 vs. the stock 133.5. When i do the switch i want to put in complete suspension from a extra10 or 12. What kinda hell am i looking at and since its got a extension for the 133.5 from the factory do i need to extend it any more for a 136? Im wanting extra clearance in front suspension for ditch banging and other rought riding. Any ideas or sujestions would be highly appreciated. thanks all for the help. How do u adjust the front shock on the skid? going to take it out end of next week to see if i can gain any more front end clearance. Thanks for the info ya'll share with us new to the "modern" style of sleds[thumb][beer]

· Registered
9,987 Posts
xtra-10 is a performance suspension, xtra-12 is a cruiser suspension.

You want the 10.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you UOPK, what would u recommend, trying to find a extra10 133.5 skid or a 136? If a 136 do i need to further extend my factory extended tunnel? Is the front suspension a direct bolt in? BTW as i get closer to finding and buying a spare RXL for the EFI for the STORM750 i will contact u about the computer chip for the CPU, i like the idea of EFI on the storm after hearing how happy u are with urs. Thanks for the advice,knowledge and motivation to make my "junk" rock!!!! Brian Lee

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Get whichever skid you can get your hands on.. If you get a 133.5 skid, just mount the skid back another 1.25" to take up the slack and use a 136 track.

If you're already got an extended tunnel, you're good. Don't need to extend it for the xtra 1.25".

Front suspension, try it out with the new skid in there before you go swapping. Do you bottom out the front end much?

I'm currently contemplating a Storm 970 (crank shop) motor to swap in, in place of my 800.. Think I should do it? I can get it for under a grand.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh hell yes bro, if i could get the same deal on a motor like that, id sure do it. make the RXL my ditch cruiser and the storm will be my 1000ft'r. tired of the guys i ride with talkn shit. but i already forced 2 of them to buy different sled cause "ol pinky"whipped that zr6 n 7 a$$, ive got a clutched and geared 93 storm 750 at .020 over bore, this summer the port n polish job with a little tweaking on the clutch set up, so it cann be trail riden once ina while, hahahaha hear kitty kitty [}:)], yea i bottom out the front enough, im going to try adjusting the front shock and raise the adjuster up higher, its awful low, was told thats a race set up, dont need that , just front end clearance. And to lightn up the stearing, momma whas bitchen bout it, and its a little heavy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.