Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right guys, im installing a extra 12 front suspension on my RXL. The question i have is if i dont use the extra 12 front shock tower what will happen. Im using the radius rods,the trailing arms and mounts and obviously the shocks. If i can avoid having to use the shock towers i will. If i do, what will happen geometry wise, and will i screw up the front end of the sled. Thanks and have a groovy one ya'll.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I don't think it's a great idea... x-12 trailing arms are ~6 or 7 inches longer than the 8's and x-10's. They mount to the footrest at the very rear-most lower corner of the belly pan. I think moving your footrests and swapping out shock mounts will be a huge PITA and will most likely result in poor geometry and bad bellypan fitment

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mounts mount underneath the running board towards the front of the heat exhchanger on the extra 12 front. Ive got the chasis in the garage. The chasis i have is non usable. But it was a original extra 12 RXL, so im going off the factory chasis, my question is do i have to use the shock tower or can i use the stock on thats on the my RXL. I appriciate the help and responce PPMN tho.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I had to use the upper mount when i did the swap, i couldnt get the shock in. Well i probally could have if i got a bigger bar. Its not hard at all to put the upper mount in, you just have to drill one hole the other is already there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts