Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one help me figure out why my 97 indy classic with an extra 12 suspension sits low? i have tried adjusting the preloads and shock tension.....but it sits fine untill i sit on it then it sinks about 5 inches not to return, i'm only about 175 pounds so i don't think it is me???? at a loss....any ideas...thanx, josh[?]

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i could be wrong here, and other members may have different ideas, but aounds to me that you either need new shocks, or rear springs. i would guess prolly new springs. if you have tried to adjust the springs with the spring block, and have gotten no results, it may be time to replace them. polaris has specs on what the tension should be, i would say that if your sinking 5 inches, thats too much cause on xtra 10 the spec is somewhere around 3 inches. give your local dealer a call, and the spring are pretty simple to change yourself-good luck, and welcome to the forum, youve come to the right place

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yeah its sounds like the springs to me too. But if those are original shocks its probably time for new ones too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts