Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 97 XLT SP w/ the EZ Steers on it. The runners need to be replaced. Should I keep the EZ Steer setup, or should I just switch to standard carbides?

Also, I'm thinking about putting 8in carbides on it (regardless of ez steers or not). The track isn't studded YET. I'm going to be putting 96 studs in it in a couple of weeks and a clutch kit in a month or so. With that sled and setup, are the 8in carbides worth the money, or should I just go with 6in? Thoughts? Opinions?

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dump the EZ-steers. The polaris ones really stink, IMO (I had them on a few of my polaris'). Just go with a set of 6 inchers. You will save on your pocket book, and between 6" and 8" the different is minimal, except for harder steering. I run 4" on my Cat with 120 Woody's, for the early season (powder, loose trails, lots of snow) and 6" for the end of season (ice, packed trails, dirt). And some time the 6" are too much. If your sled's suspension is set up good, then 96 studs and 4" should be fine. As long as those 96 are in the middle of the track.

Mike

2000 Arctic Cat ZL500 - D&D Racing Can, D&D Clutching, Re-Jetted It, 120 Woody's, Various Appearance Acc.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, thats kind of the way I was leaning unless someone said the EZ Steers were the way to go.

1997 XLT SP 600

1 - 3 of 3 Posts