Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was driving my 07' F-150 today and all of the sudden I hear the warning bell go off. It's the same bell that goes off if your low fuel light comes on. It read "check fuel cap". The truck didn't run any different and when I stopped the cover was on tight. Started the thing back up and the same error message was on. I don't have the manual with me and am wondering A)Why would that message come on in the first place? and B)How do I get it to go away without having to take it to a ford dealer or any mechanic for that matter.

Thanks ahead of time guys[thumb]
Adam

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
It's either not sealing right or you have a vacuum leak in your evap system. It shouldn't hurt anything, but the light is very annoying. Check the o-ring on the cap, and possibly replace the whole cap. If it still comes on, check for any cracked vacuum lines, and that means the breather under the truck by the tank too.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Im thinkin what Hangman said. Heard of that happening before. Sometimes its as simple as take it off and put it back on.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good guys. I'll give that a shot when I leave in the morning. Frickin vehicles amaze me these days...I mean j-christ, for a truck to be able to tell you the damn gas cap isn't sealed properly?? WOW!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I think most of the sensors are overkill but hey.... Although the EFI is nice for the cold starts.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
An evap problem like the fuel cap being loose, not on correctly may have already been fixed, but the light usually takes a quite a few miles of driving to go out afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
My silverado did the same thing yesterday. I opened the fuel door and the cap was just laying in there not attached.. I think someone tried to steal gas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts