Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddys f 7 gas tank is leaking -from the bottom where the spout comes out of the tank-the plastic that the elbo threds on tp is broken so i just leaks till empty, any way to fix this or is it just a new tank for him.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The tanks are set-up differently.(EFI/Carb)
The F7(EFI) fuel tank is set-up so the fuel-pump can be mounted inside the tank. The F5's(Carb) tank I believe is set-up so the fuel can be directly picked up from the bottom of the tank.

EDIT: Your friends F7 has to be the Carbed version in order for the F5 tank to fit. In other words, if your friends F7 has carbs..then the F5 tank will work.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will_5 said:
The tanks are set-up differently.(EFI/Carb)
The F7(EFI) fuel tank is set-up so the fuel-pump can be mounted inside the tank. The F5's(Carb) tank I believe is set-up so the fuel can be directly picked up from the bottom of the tank.

EDIT: Your friends F7 has to be the Carbed version in order for the F5 tank to fit. In other words, if your friends F7 has carbs..then the F5 tank will work.
yeah thanks i figured that it would have to no efi, he has a carb 04 f7 sno pro, but arnt they all!!!! thanks for comfirming that the tank will switch over

·
Registered
557 Posts
I fixed a small puncture in my gas tank with a plastic epoxy repair kit from the hardware store. Worked great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts