Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just bought this unit on Ebay within the last month. It was brand new and I've run two sets of alkaline batteries through it. I just updated it's internal software and Garmin sent me a brand new serial cable because the supplied one wasn't any good. I do not have any MapSource CDs that go with this unit, so don't ask. Also, I have a serial to USB adapter ($35.00 at Best Buy - brand new, used to determine my serial cable was bad) that goes with it).

Why am I selling it? Because I want to upgrade to a color model with expandable memory. I've learned how to use it fairly well and I've decided that what I think I want to do with it, I want more features than this one has. Besides, the color screen might be easier for me to read.

Garmin eTrex Legend

$130 SHIPPED in the lower 48 (otherwise $125.00 + actual shipping)

·
Registered
29 Posts
doesn't this sell new for $150? Beside the USB cable, what does this have that doesn't come with the one for sale at Dick's?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking that a $35.00 USB adapter might be worth something since it's brand new.
If someone doesn't want the USB adapter, I'll sell the unit for $100.00 plus shipping.
Then I'll return the cable and keep my $35.00. I just figured the USB cable might be a nice thing to have for those people that either don't have a serial port or already use it for something else... like a battery back-ups or something.

Garmin part number: 010-00256-00
Suggested Retail Price: $160.70 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts