Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I like mine a lot. It will hang with most 600's the whole way up to 60-70 or so. depending on the year, the can have a lot of recalls. The 2003's had about 6 i think. They have about 104 HP stock. I think you will be pretty happy with it compared to your xc. It has a better chassis IMO.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
the chassis took a few rides for me to feel comfortable on, but after those first initial rides I like the way it handles. I know it is not the current race sled from Cat but I like they way it is nimble.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Yes, you can take it to a dealer and they should be able to take care of the recalls. But I don't really think of them having a mind of their own. But the chassis will take a few rides getting used too

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I like mine a lot too. What kind of riding do you do? And also. How old is your son and what his expirence level, should basically determine if he can ride it or not. It's really up to you. However, I'd get used to it before I let home go ride it, you you can give him advice and so you know that the machine is actually safe and has no mechanical problems

·
Registered
377 Posts
What year?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If the recalls have been done and everything looks good then go for it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have had polaris sleds for 6 years and switched to an f5 after rding my girlfriends sabercat. its an amaing sled. very quick for a 500 and good riding. 2000 is a steal. and the dealer should do most recalls for free if they have not been done. my guess is they have been done. on the f5s i would look at the a arms. on both the sabercat and the f5 they were rusting. and these sleds were pampered. so if they are really rusty it will indicate if it was taken care of or not. over all good sled but i would not stick a kid under 13 on it. they are pretty snappy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts