Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's F7 had to go to the doctor's today[:(]. I guess AC put a oil line right best the secondary clutch, when the clutch opened all the way it rubbed through the line, spayed oil everywhere[xx(]. The belt blew and maybe bent the crank, but for sure made a terrible mess of everything. Just a little info for F7 - F5 owners. If I hear more I'll let you know.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
[xx(]

That sucks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sleddaver: I think you made the best move going to the ZR900. I took my F7 into the dealer today for no lights and they figure the stator is gone. While in there they told me that they have had five F7's with piston and or jug problems. The first scuffing came in at 10 mile the next at 150 and the rest at 200+. The one that was in there had 350 miles on it and had been burped twice by them. I now have 330 miles and uneasy. GTG

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
at least its on warranty...just puts ur buddies sled outa commision for awhile...breakdowns always suck, and they mus really suck on brand new sleds

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
That really sucks, one reason I don't think I will ever buy a sled the first year it comes out.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
You would think that before they release the machines, they would work these problems out.

This is the first year for Polaris' Pro X, No issues like this with them. It's also the first year of the REV, nobody is complaining. Not here anyway, and it's also the first year of the RX-1, and no gripes about it either. At least mechanical breakdown type of complaints.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I went riding with a guy who has an RX-1 and it has its problems, The track is incredibly tight and it still rachets. They have a fix but you need to go to a 159" track and extrovert drivers. It seemed to work pretty well for most riding though. It is gonna take some time to get used to the sound though, it odd. I still prefer the sound of my big triple. The little plastic pieces they put over the top of the front suspension are a joke. My buddy tore both of them off the first day riding. (pretty flimsy) But they are just for looks and to keep snow out of the clutch. (oh that second part might be important) But overall I enjoyed being able to give someone else crap about riding a heavy sled. (The guy who owns it has been giving me a hard time for 3 years.)

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Actually it's a bug that can be in any liberty engine. Not just the Pro X, it can be found in XC SP or Classic or RMK, any other machine that uses the US built engine. So basically everything except the Indy 500 or the XCR 800.

Must also be very rare cuz there are a pile of Polaris engines around here and I haven't heard of a local machine going down for that reason yet.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its unfortunate that such a nice sled is having so many problems, and I hope AC stands behind their product for longer than the 1 year warranty. I have ove 700 miles on the 900 now and no problems yet.
Hey Tim, do you take your sled to Carlson for warranty work. If so how is their service? Also a little favor if I can ask for one, Next time you are there can you see if they have GREEN front shock covers and a GREEN screen kit for my ZR.
Thanks, Dave.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I'm sure Cat will be good to the Firecat buyers. From what I've heard in these parts anyway the AC guys get really good service from the dealer.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Personally Iw ould have gotten the 900 like Daver did. After the Viper experience I don't like the idea of buying a first year sled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MY F7 IS WOOKING FINE NOW THAT IT IS HANDLING BETER WITH HEVER REAR SRINGS ALSO ASK DEALER ABOUT MELT DOWN PROBLEM HE SEID THAT AC SENT BULLATIN TO DEALER TO BEED COOLANT FOR AIR POCKET BEFOR DELIVERY. ASK OTHER DEALER ABOUT THIS AND HE DIDN"T KNOW INTLL HE WHENT THRUOGH HIS MAIL. JUST PROVING THAT IT MAY NOT BE AC BUT THE DEALER MAY NOT BE NOT DOING THERE PDI WRITE

·
Registered
749 Posts
That firecat seems to be trouble. Thats some wierd because most of arctic cat's sleds hold together pretty good. I don't think i would want a firecat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe AC went to a one-year warranty for a reason! The uncertainty of the new F5 and F7's. I've talked with several who have purchased the F-7's and are hoping the dealers stand behind them longer then one year. Looks to me that the customer will need it. I'm also in favor of CAT cash again.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
My cats are good also. All of them have been. That is the only reason that I buy cat over and over again. My old 79 jag started after like 9 pulls the other day, stored outside for the last 3 years, and the gas is 2-3 years old in it. God only knows how old the plugs are. Hope the duct tape still holds! hehehe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts