Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 f7 sno pro and just recently half way through a ride i noticed my brake light stopped working. checked the bulb and it is fine. After looking at my handlebars and brake lever i dont see the little plunger aka brake switch thats on the front side of the handlebars in the little hole....is this normal? The schematics show it should have one-which is what all the older sleds used to turn on their brake lights. However i dont see one or see any wires hanging or anything unplugged?????? it looks like the wires coming out of the square box below the brake lever are all for the headlights. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
It is common for that little plunger to come out on firecats. I replaced mine and now there is a metal clip that goes over it to hold it on. I am pretty sure it controls the bight and dim of headlights though.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know theres the high beam low beam switch/lever underneath the brake lever but theres an open hole on the top front of the bars... is there something thats supposed to be in there?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Probably looks like this...?
2010122818453281_3852.jpg

There is a small plunger like deal that goes in there (round, maybe an inch long) as was mentioned prior. All it does is act as a spring/return for your brake lever when you use your high/low beam switch. It functions fine without it. It's a common defect on the Cats. The tabs break and they fall out. Your brake light going out and losing the plunger should just be a coincidence...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup thats what mine looks like. so the problem is in the box beneath the lever? or somewhere from there....

·
Registered
618 Posts
check grounds or look for breaks in the wires. Something may have gotten corroded.

When you pull the bulb, make sure there's no corrosion on the terminals either.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not familiar with the sled but don,t they run a pressure switch in the hydraulic system to operate the brake light?Maybe threaded into the brake caliper?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts