Snowmobile Fanatics banner

F7 Compression

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Dragon700 
#1 ·
Checked my buddies 03 last night and one is readin 135 the other just over 110, any ideas why theres such a diff?

#5 ·
do it now or later your choice peace of mind i would spend the 150 200 and be done with it just what i would be doing i would of had the head of by now hurry it is snowing out, you can just do rings and gaskets but if you are in there just do it 3 other people have asked the same questions in the past weeks nad all got the same response good luck with what ever you decide you to do

#7 ·
i mean it is cheap enough and it should be just as easy as any other top end. i like to go up and ride with out that felling in the stomch that something might let go and ruin my good time we only get like 3 and a half 4 month to sled around here i want as many trouble free weekends as i can get and if it takes a half day in the shop ans $200 i would do it in a hart beat, you will be happy when it is done and you have peace of mind

#8 ·
800DOO said:
I see what your sayin, its gonna need pistons sooner than later so might as well do it while its tore apart. Alrighty modman thanks for the advice!
At least get new rings. Although I got 4k miles/2 seasons on my F7 engine since I put in a whole new topend. I don't plan on getting new pistons OR new rings anytime soon. Hopefully Cat will come out with something worth buying in 2012 and i'll sell the Firecat.

#9 ·
When in doubt, check it again, and make sure everything on both tests is the same, same # of pulls, same throttle position, plugs in or out. Otherwise take off the head and find out yourselves. Anything you can feel with your fingernail is cutting compression.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.