Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have some family out there was making a trip and wanted to know how the trails and off trail are in the area? what would i need to reg for the weekend ? or is it a season only ?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Fairport, NY has no trails.. But go a few miles east, and you hit my trail system, and the trails that go anywhere else in the state.

Here's the map for my club I'm in Walworth at the east end of the system.

No trail passes are required in NY unless you go to Old Forge. You just need the reg for your state.

The trail conditions change from day to day. The snow is sporadic, so as soon as it snows the trails get whomped till the groomers make the rounds.. For the best riding, we usually head out of my trail system to the more rural areas east of us.

Off trail varies.. My system is tough, its mostly private property.. To the east is better but still limited.

Turin is a different story, that's eastern tug hill.. Good riding there as long as there's snow.

When are you headed there? Mebbe we can meet up for a ride. [thumb]

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking late feb i have family in fairport and copenhagen never rode in ny just heard good things, so all i need is to be reg in the state i live in ? cause i dont reg in mass i only reg nh and maine?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
^^No, you have to get a New York registration even if you are registered in another state.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Fairport is closer to me, but you'll put on a lot more miles on Copenhagen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts