Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally have snow.... but it is blowing a lot, there are a lot of drifts and ditches full though:)

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
I guess I haven't been out of town much yet, but from what I've seen this far, I wouldn't bother riding much on it...that's just me though...

Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions...I'll have to go for a drive later...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya... i live in frontier, along 52nd ave. and its alright, some fields have snow, but the rough chunky ones dont have enough yet... i heard its good out by wild rice too

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I can't imagine it being very good at all. Although today probably wouldn't be too bad in the ditches. Too much wind this last week, it's gotta be some hard stuff. Then again, maybe that's just Wahp.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man, went out last night... not hard at all, just a lot of powder, and it was nice in rose creek, which is right behind my house, outside of fargo.... i only went for about a hour, but it was fun... i never thought i would have that much fun this winter

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
^...which is why I said it probably wouldn't be worth riding...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by logan.krueger
[br]ya... i live in frontier, along 52nd ave. and its alright, some fields have snow, but the rough chunky ones dont have enough yet... i heard its good out by wild rice too
ok i live about 2 hours north of you or so along the border. out here we have very good snow condititions but it is dang cold and very windy here to. Some of the creeks that run east west and the wind is from the north now there are drifts in thsoe creeks that are like 10 feet tall its awsome

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Brandon
[br]
[br]ya... i live in frontier, along 52nd ave. and its alright, some fields have snow, but the rough chunky ones dont have enough yet... i heard its good out by wild rice too
ok i live about 2 hours north of you or so along the border. out here we have very good snow condititions but it is dang cold and very windy here to. Some of the creeks that run east west and the wind is from the north now there are drifts in thsoe creeks that are like 10 feet tall its awsome
yup same thing here... like i said guys its not great, but it actually is nice in ditches and creaks....

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
I went out to lunch with my sister and we ended up going for a little drive. If you can find the right areas, there are some fairly nice drifts. There were some sled tracks out and about. I figure you'd be able to have fun for a half hour or so, then it'd get kinda old.

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Figured I'd update this incase anyone really cares. The Fargo area received around 3-4 inches of new snow overnight. It's drifting here on NDSU campus, so I imagine there should be some nice drifts out in the countryside somewhere.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I was riding today. And have been for every other day this week. Snow is minimal and pretty ****ty if you ask me. But then again I'll ride in anything.

Hey Logan, all the tracks on university on the east side are from me and my buddy. You shouldn't be riding in rose creek, you'll get in some trouble for that one. I used to ride it until I heard they are prosecuting anyone who rides and gets caught.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, No.. rose creek way out south, by frontier.... you dont get in trouble out there, because it is in the country.... i am talking passed 52nd avenue... anyways, who do you ride with? I ride quite a bit, but my sled is having problems, so not a lot... i kinda wanna get by till summer, and fix it then, but i might fix it now if i have time. From what I think it is is the crankshaft bearing... but ya, I think i am gonna get a new sled soon

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anyone been north of Fargo, like to Grandin, then Hunter, then down to Casselton? I drive that trail system every year and Grandin seems to get alot more snow then Fargo does, and they have huge deep drainage ditches around there the closer you get to the river. My new sled hasn't seen much snow this season.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
[br]No, No.. rose creek way out south, by frontier.... you dont get in trouble out there, because it is in the country.... i am talking passed 52nd avenue... anyways, who do you ride with? I ride quite a bit, but my sled is having problems, so not a lot... i kinda wanna get by till summer, and fix it then, but i might fix it now if i have time. From what I think it is is the crankshaft bearing... but ya, I think i am gonna get a new sled soon
I ride with buddies from school. I'm a senior at South High. You could probably come ride with us if you could keep up, haha. I'll ride 1 on 1 with you sometime and let you know if you should be interested in riding with my buddies and myself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by XCRacer440[br]I ride with buddies from school. I'm a senior at South High. You could probably come ride with us if you could keep up, haha. I'll ride 1 on 1 with you sometime and let you know if you should be interested in riding with my buddies and myself.
****... you ride with scot peck and all of those guys dont you?... ya, i goto south too, and i am a junior, scot always asks me togo ride with you guys, but my sled is running like **** this year, and i have to put a new crank bearing in.... maybe ill see you guys at wild rice sometime.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Ya I ride with Scott Peck, I was riding with him and a few others a few days ago, he was riding with his hand in a cast too, hahahaha.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I am coming up this weekend from Sioux Falls.
Any snow still?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Theres alot at the DL area where you live. Theres enough to go here in Fargo too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts