Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my copy of the Old Farmers Almanac. Here's what it states for the North East:

Summary: In some ways, this winter will be like the last one, with above-normal temps through most of the season. But storms that missed us last winter will hit us this winter, bringing above-normal precipitation and snowfall. Expect the heaviest snow in January and February across the north and in February and March across the south. Watch for a major blizzard in the second week of February.

DEC 2002
1-6 Snow north, heavy rain south.
7-12 Sprinkles and flurries.
13-15 Warm, rain.
16-19 Mild, dry.
20-22 Stormy.
23-26 Snow north, showers south.
27-31 Cold, dry

JAN 2003
1-3 Heavy rain and snow.
4-8 Cold, dry.
9-12 Nor'easter.
13-14 Sunny, cold.
15-23 Rain and snow showers.
24-26 Snow north, sunny south.
27-31 Cold, dry

FEB 2003
1-5 Snow, then sunny.
6-8 Flurries, cold.
9-13 Blizzard.
14-20 Dry, mild.
21-23 Snow north, heavy rain south.
24-28 Rain and snow showers.

MAR 2003
1-7 Sunny mild.
8-10 Snowstorm; rain southeast.
11-13 Sunny.
14-17 Nor'easter.
18-21 Mild.
22-24 Sunny, cool.
25-27 Cool, showers.
28-31 Sunny, then heavy rain.

Well there it is, take it or leave it
If anyone elses wants the prediction for their area, just let me know. Think snow!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
134 Posts
this is for like around the wisconsin area right??...i sure hope we get a hell of a lot more snow then when we did last year i plan on putting on lots of miles on my sled this year...if it isnt for wisconsin can i get wisconsins

thanks, STAN!!!!!!

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one for the Northeast was for ME, NH, VT, MA, RI and CT.

Here's what it says for the northern great plains - great lakes area which includes central and northern WS, and northern MI, all of SD and ND, and western MT and WY.

Summary: Temps this winter will be about 4 deg above normal, on average. Most of December and January will be mild, with cold weather in late December and the first half of February. Precipitation will be below normal in the east and near normal in the west, with well below-normal snowfall throughout. The snowiest periods will occur in mid-November, mid to late January, late February, mid-March, and mid-April, but there will not be any big snowstorms.

DEC 2002
1-6 Sunny, seasonable.
7-11 Sunny, mild.
12-13 Flurries.
14-18 Sunny, mild.
19-21 Flurries.
22-27 Cold, flurries.
28-31 Sunny, mild.

JAN 2003
1-6 Sunny, mild.
7-15 Mild, flurries.
16-24 Turning colder, show showers.
25-31 Seasonable, flurries.

FEB 2003
1-8 Cold, flurries.
9-12 Sunny, very cold.
13-19 Sunny, becoming warm.
20-24 Cold, snow.
25-28 Flurries.

MAR 2003
1-6 Sunny, seasonable east; cold, flurries west.
7-12 Flurries, cold.
13-19 Snow north, sunny south.
20-22 Sunny east, snow showers west.
23-27 Sunny, then showers.
28-31 Rain and wet snow.

Well, there you go. Doesnt' sound great, but not a washout. Of course you've got to take this crap with a grain of salt. I just hope we all get BLASTED with snow!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
southern ontario?? my fingers are crossed....

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
425 Posts
ditto, fingers crossed for North East PA and Upstate, NY !

If you can read this I'm parked!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Well, last year predicted lots of snow, this year hardely any so whats gonna happen!? If this keeps going right, we should get a ton of snow....please, please let there be lots of snow....

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok for most all of NY and northern PA it states:

Summary: November through March will be wetter and snowier than normal, with slightly above-normal temps, on average. After a mild start, cold weather will predominate from late December through mid February. The coldest temps will occur in mid February, with other cold periods in late December and early February. Heavy lake snows will occur in mid-November, early and late December, and early February, with more-widspread snowstorms in early and late January and mid-February.

DEC 2002
1-7 Cold, lake snows.
8-15 Unseasonabley warm, rainy periods.
16-26 Mild, showers.
27-31 Very cold, lake snows.

JAN 2003
1-8 Flurries, cold.
9-12 Cold, snow.
13-17 Milder, rain and snow showers.
18-23 Rain, then snow showers.
24-31 Snow, cold.

FEB 2003
1-8 Very cold, lake snows.
9-13 Heavy snow, bitter cold.
14-17 Seasonable, flurries.
18-20 Sunny, mild.
21-22 Rain to snow.
23-28 Mild, rain and snow showers.

MAR 2003
1-7 Cold, mainly dry.
8-16 Seasonable, snow showers.
17-28 Sunny, mild.
29-31 Rain.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey Tfin 70,
I don't need a complete break down by month, but how is it looking overall for North Dakota? I have heard it is suppose to be better than last year. I have my fingers crossed. Thanks

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
502 Posts
All I can say is if we get another winter like last year there will be a ton of aftermarket companies out of business, probably including us. No snow means no riding, and no riding means no buying, no buying means I can't pay my bills, You get the point I think. Everyone needs to pray every night and do a snowdance everymorning. I hate plowing snow, but it beats sitting on 500 silencers that don't sell cause there is no snow to plow outta the yard.
AJR

I don't use the brakes until I see God, and I am never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
http://www.whiteknuckleperformance.com

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
As long as its plowing, and not shoveling..

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by FrozenSmile:
Hey Tfin 70,
I don't need a complete break down by month, but how is it looking overall for North Dakota? I have heard it is suppose to be better than last year. I have my fingers crossed. Thanks

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile
[/quote]

The second listing in this thread covers all of North Dakota. I've got my fingers crossed too!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts