Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, I had the speedo on my mountain SRX up to 195 today, I realize that there's a big difference between this and radar, but I DO have studs (168 pattern, only on a long track, not short track)

anyways, I know that the speedo isn't to far off 'cause a) I've had this sled on radar before, and unless my mental kph/mph conversion are off, it's fairly close, and b) it's within 2-3kph of my dads viper, at 140kph

anyways, snow was fairly good, a little deeper than I would have liked, but hey, ya don't always get what you want, and I'm certainly not about to ask the snow to go away

anyways, ya, just thought I'd brag a wee bit : )

for the americans 195kph=121.875mph

not to shabby for a 136" track

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my uncle owns a shop, so I clutched and geared it useing oem parts off the wall, I have a nice set-up tho, take 2 gears off the wall, put 2 on, no big deal same goes for clutch parts.

other than that, she's stock

but she blew a belt today and it took the speedo cable with it : (

since it's mostly as race sled and always has radar on it, I'm not gonna bother fixing it, so I"m never gonna get to know how fast she's goin ever again : (

allwell, alot faster than the viper beside me doin 160 anyways

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Speed sounds about right if you have the clutching dialed in.
Even us americans or should I say Americans can do conversions speed conversions.
I had a buddies belt come apart on this MM700 and it took the speedo cable with it too. Only problems was it wrapped it around the sencondary and jerked him to a stop and pitched him over the handle bars. He was having a bad day. We were on our way back from Dawson. Had a great time in Canada.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts