Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to go fast for around 2000 what do you think is best feel free to write in other ideas

·
Registered
284 Posts
the mach 1 sleds have always seemed to be some of the faster sleds around... Good luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
my dad has a viper and stock it sounds awsome! If u pipe it thats a waste just go buy the SRX 700 witch puts out 140 stock. I really like my dads viper though its fast and a big bore kit and pipes are avialbile on Slp making it a 798cc. Personaly to just go fast get a srx or Maybe a Vmax4 750 or 800. A Vmax4 is going to be fast as hell my brother has one. It wheelies like crazy and probaly would do 120+ and get there fast.
I haven't got to really ride the Vmax 4 because I would pobably get killed.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
When it comes to (stock)speed, you usually can't go wrong with an 'ol T-Cat...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Really cant go wrong with many of those up there. I am a yamaha guy and I will obviously suggest to you a 2000+ SRX or a 95 V-max 4 800. The V-max is truly a lake racing style sled and ours does 120+ on the radar everytime out.

Never raced a T-cat so cant personally say how well they go but I am dying to find one to race. I know they go pretty damn good.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
If your looking for a 94' Thundercat, I may be able to hook you up..

Cylinders have been sandblasted and clear coated.
V-force reeds.
Fast-track Long Travel suspension
A lot of other stuff to, can't name right now. If your interested, pm me.

I'm pretty sure my dad will sell it if the price is right.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by kayotic
[br]you forgot about 92 93 94 storm 800 i can get you one for around a 1,000
Remember though, your a couple thousand miles from him.

·
Registered
901 Posts
xcr or t-cat if you want speed but dont over look yamaha srx and v-max 4 as they were fast also

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by xcjunkie
[br]xcr or t-cat if you want speed but dont over look yamaha srx and v-max 4 as they were fast also
Yeah. We had a Vmax4. 92' with Xtra-10 Suspension, and bender quad pipes. VERY FAST SLED! It was pretty funny watching it pass to vipers that were just racing across a huge lake.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Those storms are pigs on fuel and are tremendous underachievers. They're really not that fast for a 800 triple. My vote's for the 800XCR I've never heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Originally posted by halVORTEX
[br]
Those storms are pigs on fuel and are tremendous underachievers. They're really not that fast for a 800 triple. My vote's for the 800XCR I've never heard anything bad about them.
i have not known a single STORM owner that has had positive feedback about them. they blow easy and are underpowered for an 800 triple and are really really bad on gas[xx(]

·
Registered
901 Posts
Originally posted by extremesummerfilms
[br]
Originally posted by xcjunkie
[br]xcr or t-cat if you want speed but dont over look yamaha srx and v-max 4 as they were fast also
Yeah. We had a Vmax4. 92' with Xtra-10 Suspension, and bender quad pipes. VERY FAST SLED! It was pretty funny watching it pass to vipers that were just racing across a huge lake.
i would like to find one to keep at my cabin because my xlt just doesnt have enough speed for me.

·
Registered
855 Posts
1998 polaris 700 xc

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey extremesummerfilms, thanks for the offer but i wont be buying until mid summer or so when i have the money but if you still have it then i will consider you first

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Of your choices, I'd say look into an XCR. The T-cat motors didn't last long from what I have heard. However, I know nothing of the mach 1's. I can't say I have ever heard anything real great about the SX Vipers as far as speed.

Personally I would be looking into a Polaris Ultra (about that $1500 range). Yamaha SRX's (not sure on the prices)are also quite quick, but at $16 a spark plug...well I'd pass.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I am a Poo guy and voted the XCR. But if you want really fast you can buy an APEx and turbo it. Now that would scream.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts