Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I took my sled out for a ride today. My first stop was the local gas station to fill er' up. as I was pumping gas into my sled this guy came up on a polaris edge. He took his helmet off ans grabbed the nozzel on his side then started to peer around the pump at me and my sled. he said "awwww mommy and daddy buy you a pretty little snowmobile to ride?" then started to laugh. I said nah I paid for it myself. Next he asked what motor I had in it. I told him a ultra 680 that's piped and geared and clutched ect. Then I said what you got in that thing? He said that he swapped the 600 out to a polaris 900 twin. He also started to rant and rave about how twins are supperior to triples and how triples are way outdated and a triple could never beat a twin in a race. [Topes]I tryed to ignore him and let him think what he wanted. He then went in and paid for his gas and came out and asked if I was up for a race. I said ok lets go down the road to a feild and we can race. So he followed me to the feild I grabbed a cattail and we lined up. I told him when the cattail hits the ground GO! I threw the cattail up in the air and when it hit we bolth took off. He beat me off the line but I flew past him after about 300ft. at the end of the feild I stopped and waited for him to catch up. I was stopped and he kept going past me and flipped me the bird. haha sore loser. bet he wont bash a triple again as his 900 twin got wompped by a 680 triple[Imaposer]

· Registered
9,987 Posts
I wonder how long it's gonna take your buddies to get sick of hearing that story... lol

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
I wonder how long it's gonna take your buddies to get sick of hearing that story... lol
ahhhh im not gonna drag it on. i just thought it was funny how he flipped me off and how he said a triple would never beat a twin. lol
i posted cause i thought you guys would get a laugh out of it.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
what was the 900 swaped into??

· Registered
2,957 Posts
900 = Crap ( says the owner of one, and rider of 2 ). Powerless pieces of junk. We had one with a full SLP pipe on it, that was flashed to run with it. I raced my friends 440, and he stuck with me all the way to 65 where I SLOWLY started pulling away. Pieces of crap if you ask me.

· Registered
3,226 Posts
Polaris never really had good results with their 900's for some odd reason. I think that was a funny story sounds like my neighbor and I the morning I put the 136 on and clutched it he wanted to race, he had a 98 yamaha triple 700 with stock every thing I beat him off the line and I won that race but if the field was longer he would of had me but in my field I won on home turf, he could not belive a 500 beat a 700 stock triple in my field

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Also, I'm kind of curious as to how he would have put it in there anyways. The air/fuel intake ports are in the front, and fuel injectors in back. The motor is also slightly tilted backwards into the chassis. Then after you find a way to mount it, you run into problems with clutch alignment, as well as starter alignment. I think he was pulling your leg telling you had a 900. I guess with the low power outputs they had he could have run an 800 pipe, but I don't know how he would have bent it to fit the angled back motor. Either your full of crap, or he is.

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Either the guy was BSing, or he had done a bad clutching job. My buddy has a 900, and that thing flat out hauls ass..

As far as the 440 keeping up with the 900 till the 440 tops out, that's what they're supposed to do, you dork. The extra cubes/HP is to get you to go faster on the top end.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.