Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a new sled and all of my buddies have 700s. i am looking for a early 2000s polaris 700. i am not sure what i would be better off with, either a pro-x, edge, xcsp. i am primarily conserned with hp or which one i can beat my friends with haha. if anyone has any input i would appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would have to say the 02 700's were pretty darn fast! Of course just because you have a fast sled does not mean you will beat your buddies. Alot has to do with the rider. You can have the fastes sled around, but if you cant make it perform......well you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
01 1/2 edge XCSP 700 or the 02 in the same model, 127-8 HP stock, the PRO X's are geared and setup differently and don't pull the top end numbers like the XCSP's do, they perform better in the junk but when it comes to running up top the standard Edge in gonna put the Pro X in the dust, just make sure your tuned to run as the early 2000's Doo 700's were pretty fast sleds also, and then there is the venerable SRX, not much for a bump machine but if tuned properly even in stock form they are gonna be the hardest to beat as that 140 HP triple is most likely gonna rule up top for MPH numbers, setup and tune is everything so make sure you have all your ducks in a row, and then lastly don't get all bent if you go out and your ass handed to you because that rule of thumb to follow in sledding is there is always gonna be someone out there that is FASTER!!!!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
not sure what your buddys have but the early 2000 700 poos are a powerhouse, atleast the few i have been around, my 02 700 rmk-stock, my friends 01 700 xcsp w/slp single exhaust, friends 03 700 rmk-stock, they all get up and GO! but like previously mention tuning is everything, none of the ones i listed were precisly tuned, all that had been done was proper cluthing and jetting for my elevation, and the big selling point is the low maitenece that we have had

personally i would say 700 RMK, i have raced my friends 700 xcsp, and killed him every time, only because the track being a 136" 1 3/4" paddle over 121" 3/4", so mine could hook up and get all the power to the snow

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Are you lake racing or trail racing?

Get the best sled suited to that purpose, then tune it up....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts