Snowmobile Fanatics banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what is the fastest speed you have witnessed or heard of a sled going. Or how fast your sled goes. [orange][/orange][red][/red][:p]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well about a month ago a guy who was here at our local radar run achieved 130 miles an hour on his Polaris Storm with a Genesis engine but I have heard of stories of people going well in excess of that.

Polaris4LIFE[:D]

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey if i remember right last year a guy set the new world record on a snowmobile for speed. I think it was something like 162 miles an hour. Thats flyin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
On a 2000 MXZ 700 i got going 120 down a snow covered road.
Had 144 studs so i doubf the track was spinning and damn was i scared.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
feb. first at rush city there was at least 4 sleds doing over 150 in the one thousand feet. one was an open mod 1000cc the other 3 were open unlimited.

·
Registered
253 Posts
holy crap thats some fast sleds hey madcow got a question are you into streetbikes at all .I see by your posts you love speed I must say I am a little addicted to speed myself I have a gsxr 1000 piped ported and I have had it doing 170 and I think she has more just got a little worries about other things on bike going that fast like my tires chain thats the only part that scares me

·
Registered
312 Posts
man i thaugh i was fast, ehhehh i got my t-cat up to 121 on radar ,, was pretty happy with that ,, but i'm sure i could of had another 3 to 5 mph if i was on bare ice,,, but hey ,, i'm all stock so it's good enough for me, ehehhe Had the needle on the tac back up near the 0 , heheh i could of swore i was going closer to 135 ,, but not even close

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't mind having a t-cat but i hear they have so much power that there not as trail friendly as a big twin.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the big sleds can be real trail friendly,
i am not into bikes as a whole yet, understanding them from a component i can do, i will be getting into them more if i get the job i am looking into.
there was a guy on rush lake with a bike doing 108 in the 1000'. he had sled picks right threw the tire.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Don't get the wrong impression about tripples over twins in trails , cause believe me ,, they hold MORE then their own,, even with my heavy 575lbs t-cat , i can fallow pretty much anything or anyone i want if i decided to go a little crazzy, and i find my machine will hold the snow better on top end more then any other machine , WHY?? because she's heavy ,, making her REAL stable ,, plus i'm better on gas then all the other machines i ride with , ehehheh 2 for 1 deal

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i got a 96 xcr 600 sp with a few mods and iv had it goin 120 with a some throttle left. damn i love the purr of those triple triples

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a 83 yahama bravo that goes from 0 to 45 in about 10 secs.[:D]

About 6 weeks ago there were 2 rx1s doing radar runs on Big Lake and there were hitting 120 to 130 but there are owned by some guys at Anchorage Yahama so I don't know what they have done to them.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I geuss i forgor to say how fast mine goes. It is a 89 indy 500 and it goes 86-88 mph (on good goin) but usually gets about 83-85 mph. //////i get about 9 or 10 mpg.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.