Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some problems with my sled bottoming out and sagging to much while riding in basically and semi rough terrain last year. My shock should be fine since it was rebuilt 2 years ago so I was wondering about stiffer torsion springs.

Does anyone know who makes some and where I could score some.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Polaris dealer is the proper place to buy springs.

After two years, the four shocks could use a rebuild.

For bottoming and sagging, have you tried tightening the coupling, increasing spring pre-load, moving the location of the rear scissor, or moving the location of the torsion spring rollers?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/1/Suzuki.aspx

anywhere sells them. check your local dealer? also as JD said, other things can be done too.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Local Dealer, I did the same for my Indy. The heavy duty spring set was the same price as the regular spring set, and it made a hell of a difference. It holds the trail so much better, and made a big difference when coming down from a short flight.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dekk70 said:
I had some problems with my sled bottoming out and sagging to much while riding in basically and semi rough terrain last year. My shock should be fine since it was rebuilt 2 years ago so I was wondering about stiffer torsion springs.

Does anyone know who makes some and where I could score some.
These are the Polaris p/n's for the optional springs on a 2002 RMK 700 with a 144 inch track

17 7042079-067 Spring, Torsion, LH (Opt.)[.375/47] 1 Usage
17 7042080-067 Spring, Torsion, RH (Opt.)[.375/47] 1 Usage

List price is $82.66 ea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts