Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
what is your favorite sled?

Mine is what i ride, A '96 Polaris Indy Ultra RMK thats suped up to the nutz!
Ultras and other triples are the best! Dont ride nuthin but a triple!!!

Snow, Dirt, or Grass,
My Polaris will kick your A$$!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
My favorite is a 1998 XCR 440 SP, which i own. However, i'd like to try and drop in a 700 or 800 twin for a little extra boost.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I havn't rode one , but I think the new 700 Pro X coming out sounds like the sled of my dreams.I have a friend with an Ultra, I think his is a 96 too, with a new deep lug track studded up.I must admit , that's a pretty nice machine, but tripples just aren't for me.

well hey hey hey I'll be screwed blued and tatooed looks like I got me one of them fish on, fish on!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I myself wouldn't give up my 00 500 XP SP. But I will say one of the meanest sounding sleds out have to be the Ultra's. They just have a cool sound to them that most other triples don't.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
16 Posts
My favorite sled would have to be my modded 00 Powder Special. But one of the coolest sleds would have to be my uncle's ultra mod. He started out with 2 ultras (a 96 and a 97) put an 800 big bore on it with psi pipes, v-force reeds, bored carbs, lightweight seat, hood, trailing arms, radius rods, and an aftermarket tunnle. He's got a 144" track with an extended chain case. This thing really rips. Talk about going through the powder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My favorite would be the Polaris Indy 600 RMK double seated and reverse gear. Maybe even with twinpipes, but I don't think I will need it the first winter...!

//Rob

If you think you are in controll, you simply are not going fast enough!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I may be the only one here but I ride a 01 Yamaha srx 700 triple triple.

TEAM BLUE SAID WIND IT UP BABY

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I don't know if I have a favorite. I would have said in the past my '98 XCR 440 SP. But I'm thinking of selling it this fall. It doesn't have all the midrange power of the US built 500 twin with VES (XC 500 SP engine) so I'm looking at a 2000 XC 500 SP 45th anniversary edition sled. (http://www.geocities.com/polaris-man/2000sleds/2000xc500sp.htm)

That machine is identical to my XCR except for the front plastics (Gen II instead of Indy) and the way the handwarmers and stuff work. Plus the 500 has flatslide carbs and TPS, the prem/regular switch, way better brakes and better headlights.

The basics like chassis, suspensions are the same as the XCR though.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
maybe the topic should be changed to 'favorite sled other than your own?' haha, it's good most already have their favorite sled. my xc does me just fine, but my favorite sled has yet to be released- i know all it consists of, now i'm just waiting for polaris to release it....

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
2002 Arctic Cat ZR 600. Wide running boards, plenty of power but still not too much, high bars, and smooth awesome suspension. There is one sitting leftover in my local dealership with 2 miles on it. I drool everyday at the thought of it. I am saving money and hopefully by fall can talk my dad into helping me get it. If not there is a nice 2001 XC 500 there I would like to get.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
2003 Edge X 500 in Black with the edge suspension and a fox Clicker shock. Enough power for me, and a great suspension

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I too ride my favorite sled.....'99 500 XC, I love it. It is a big jump up for
me from my last and first sled I ever bought on my own, 1981 TrailCat.
What......never heard of one, I am not surprised, I only know of 2 others
in the province, there may be more laying in the bush somewhere.
It isn't a bad sled but getting parts was very hard, so I upgraded to the XC.
The 500 is great on the trails and in the stubble with a few inches of snow,
but get into powder and like all shorties she'll get stuck, or in deep stubble
it will spin lots. Ideally I'd like to get a 136" suspension and 1 3/4" track out
of an SKS or RMK, and be able to switch them out of the XC when we get lots
of snow, which isn't very often. Is there anyone out there who does this,
is it a hassle changing tracks all the time?
However if Polaris closed down and recalled all machines to be melted down,
I supose that Ski-Doo's Renegade 600 version of the MX-Z will Doo in a pinch.
Never much cared for th Doo's till that one, too bad that are alot more money,
and that Polaris are so reliable.
Anouther good sled is my brother-in-laws '99 Indy Trail, great tough sled, and a classic to boot.

Ride to ride again.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
trail cat had the coil over shocks on the rear up on the sides of the tunnel right? I saw one of them once when we reroofed a garage. Had a carpet tail flap. Funny little machine.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
anything with a triple under the hood.....need i say more?????

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
hmmmmm favorite sled. thats a tuffy. mine would of been my 92 indy 650 that i had. clutched piped changed from EFI to carbs ported and polished heads the carbs were 44mm with k&n filters..92 lug track with 196 1 1/4 studs it was a beast. now i ride a hoopty indy 600 with a big bore kit and a 80 txl 340 liquid that im trying to find a indy txl chassis for

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

1 - 17 of 17 Posts