Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just wondering what every body's favorite sled is from the years 1985 and up, and why is this. I decided to post it here because this area of the site gets the most attention.
Will

·
Registered
671 Posts
I would have to say a 01 oe 02 pro x 600. the things are sweet lookin and nice ridin

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I would have to say my old 1990 Indy 500. Extremely reliable! There's something special about buying your first snowmobile and for me, this was mine. I did so many things to it, that the only thing left stock was the engine. It had parts off of 8 other Polaris sleds, one of which was the hood off a newer XLT. Track from a smashed Storm, screen kit from an RXL, seat off an old XCR, and the list goes on... It was fun to drive and i beat the living crap out of that thing. It's the most reliable sled i ever had......so far. I bought it with 5000 miles! But I sold it a couple of years ago when the bulkhead cracked. hehe.

Let it snow!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I have no idea what my favorite sled would be. The only sled's I have ever driven were 2 different Indy Trails (one is mine), a 2001 XC 500 SP, a 2000 XC 500, pman's XCR, and a 1980 Enticer 250. My favorite out of the bunch was the 01 XC 500 SP but I won't say it is my favorite sled because I just haven't tried enough different sleds to find out what my favorite would be.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You gotta love the EXT and XLT. These two sleds were verrrry popular and are both awesome in my book. The XLT did need some mods to ride deep powder, but the front end was so tough you could bang ditches forever!

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'd have to agree, the XLT would be my vote. but then again i have probably only ridden about a dozen different sleds.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would have to say it was a 1992 Polaris RXL. First production fuel injected snowmobile. And the distinct sound of that triple was beautiful. Quite the rocket for its time.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Im not saying this is my fav sled,But I have a 86 indy 400 SKS and that little sucker will scream for a 400 liquid, it has 6000 untouched reliable miles on it..I also have a 95 xcr 600 triple that also has 6000 untouched miles except for the recalled crank...I love polaris they get you were you want to go and get you back home again!!

LET THE SNOW FLY!!!!!!

95 xcr 600
99 RMK 700
If you have control your not going fast enough!!!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
my favorite sled would have to have been a 1998 ZR 600 LE w/ the pearl white hood......ive always loved that sled, just couldnt afford one and found the sled i got now for a good deal......so i dunno what my favorite sled is at the time.....

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
135 Posts
My favorite so far and am still riding is my 97 Ultra Sp. Great go fast sled, been extremely reliable. I'm afraid to ride the new edge chasis though;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
my 87 cat jag 440 f/c with these old spirt engines are very reliable, this thing starts first pull cold every time, and there also reasonably priced, and pretty cheap to maintain, lots of used parts, ect.., now if your talking dream sled i just got the black magic catalog, and they have a kit to mount a 800 twin in a sno-pro chassis, i get goose bumps just thinking about it!!!, a lightweight chassis with full race suspention, with a necksnapping 800, when my powerball number hits thats the sled ill build, let me pinch myself to wake up, until then i just gotta ride the old jag, but really its not so bad, i could be sledless!

if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmm My 1996 EXT EFI Deluxe 580 was alot of reliable fun but just didn't have the UMPH I wanted .
I got a 1999 Green ZRT 800 with 900 jugs and cyl on it and it rocks.
I guess the ZRT is my fav now ,so smooth and oh what a blast to ride.
My ooold 1981 6000 lc 500 El Tigre was ablast as well but not very reliable.Oh well it did teach me how to get a liquid cooled motor out of the sled and onto the bench in under 15 min LOL.It loved to eat pistons all the time.

EXT

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
96 Ultra with mods. It pulls so hard that it took all the fun out off riding my 2000 XCR800. Latest unsuspecting victim..... 2002 AC 800ZR end of last winter. the Guys face turned almost as green as the sled. Then I showd him it had over ten thousand miles on it.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by EXT:
Oh well it did teach me how to get a liquid cooled motor out of the sled and onto the bench in under 15 min LOL.

EXT
[/quote]

very true.

·
Registered
506 Posts
1992 max-4

man, the first time I took this sled out, I cracked her out across a field, and just punched it, first thing I noticed was that NOTHING could hold it back, it didn't care whether it was flyin thru powder, packed trails, water, whatever, it totally didn't care, it just kept pullin.

The second thing I noticed was that the skiis where doin this funny flop thing every once in awhile, since I was in powder, I figured "whatever, it's this stupid new T.S.S system. it's not working right.

when I came back around that route that I punched it on, I realized that where the skiis where flopping, the sled had been off the ground for 10+ feet without my even noticeing.

probably, if I got back on one today, it would feel pretty anemic next to my SRX, but at the time, it was INSANE power. a true muscle sled, nothing could hold it back.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Junior:
1992 max-4

[/quote]

Is that the one with the 4-cylinder engine?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by MegaMan:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Junior:
1992 max-4

[/quote]

Is that the one with the 4-cylinder engine?

[/quote]

I do believe that it was a 4 cylinder 800.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts