Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is your absolute favorite part about snowmobiles????
I love just about everything but the cold weather!!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Everything. The sound of the engine hitting it's powerband, jumping from mogul to mogul, muscleing the sled into the turns, the cold. Ive experienced just about every other kind of motorsport: ATVs, PWCs, dirtbikes, musclecars, sport compact cars and NOTHING compares to the adrenaline rush of snowmobiling.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
ya.. i love the sound.. and getting off your sled and going to a resteraunt and everybody looks at you because you have such a unique smell lol. when you hit that powerband and start cranking out some serious rpm's . the cold isnt to bad. but personaly its jumping/carving/ditchbanging. theres nothing else like it. landing in a beutiful field of unbroken powder . i love it all

·
Registered
247 Posts
i like it because it takes a little more finesse to be a good snowmobiler than it does to be good at other forms of atv riding. i like how where i ride is never the same from day to day. i also like how it is softer to land on, where you sit, how body movement and position are extremely important, and the list could just keep on going.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Everything other than the idea of getting run over by joe snocross racer. I don't fear the cold and the elements as I am out in them all of the year.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
all of the above. I love everything about the sport.. even the repairs can be fun.

i sure hate fillin up the tank though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ditto on all of the above, except the repairs PhazerBoy, ha ha. I'd add spending time with freinds and family that share the passion.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP pow!

·
Registered
901 Posts
everything except when the sled has a major break down and takes a while to fix it or when the engine goes

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
It's a toss up between having my arms ripped off, and the sweet intoxicating smell of a 2 stroke.

Someone starts a chainsaw in summer and all you can think of is all the good times on the trails.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I love just about everything associated with sledding, but the best for me is shutting my/our machines off in the middle of nowhere. just enjoying the serenity and dead quiet. It's hard to get where I live.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i like the sound of my triple with PSI pipes and when school is close and there is nobody on the roads and me and my friends all go out riding

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My favorite thing is definatly ripping lakes covered in untracked snow with a bunch of buddies, ripping along... theres no other fealing like it

·
Registered
22 Posts
i would have to say the sound, the kind of sled you ride and where you ride. gotta love everything about it. especially showing off your sled.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
you know what my favorite thing about them is?? the freedom. when your out there riding trails and just taking in the scenery, its the only time i am truly free. not a care in the world just how beautiful nature can be. then when your in the ditches its all about how your gonna take on the next obsticle.keeps your mind fresh and makes you constantly think. But as everyone else has stated i do like those things as well

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I like how easy it is to go fast. 1500 bucks and you to can be doing 100mph.
Just riding in general and spending time with family and friends. Drolling over the pics that some of you guys post and the cool parts and gear that I want so bad... I dont really think that there is a bad part untill there is a wreck or a break through. I like talking and working on sleds to, and the compition between my friends and I over which brand is better! I love it all! :):):)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts