Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a spare rear suspension for a 1996 Polaris XLT,it was given to me when I bought the sled. I was told by the seller that it was the same suspension setup for the sled I was buying, but I don't know for sure. I am now trying to sell the spare rear suspension and have a question from a potential buyer on what track length would fit this. My question is, is there a way to determine what track length would be needed? I don't know too much about track fitment/replacement so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Lay the spare suspension beside your sled. Now compare the two, visually and even measure the rails. If it's the same as yours, all you need to know is what length track is on your own machine.
I'm not sure what the 96 XLT had for suspension, but I'll guess it was a 133"

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Bobinwi said:
96 xlt had a 121x15 track
x2.

If it's from an XLT, not an SKS, or a long track model, its a 121x15.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Dutchman said:
Lay the spare suspension beside your sled. Now compare the two, visually and even measure the rails. If it's the same as yours, all you need to know is what length track is on your own machine.
I'm not sure what the 96 XLT had for suspension, but I'll guess it was a 133"
That is only on the SKS. And it is actually 133.5".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct, the track I have on my sled is a 121" length. The problem is, my sled is in New Hampshire and I live in Massachusetts, which is where I have the spare suspension at the moment. I was really wondering if there was a measurement I could take off the rails of the spare suspension that would give me the length. If not, I'll just have to wait until I'm NH again and compare the two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts