Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pods are suppose to increase air flow which would make a lean condition resulting in jetting up, But the Air is that it is taking in is warmer air, which means you should lean it out. What is everyone take on this? And dose this effect the pilot jet at all or just the mains?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Every sled i've put pods on. I've had to lean down. i think it has more to do with the fact that pods have more restriction. rather than warm air. but either way they have always been fat after i installed them.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Originally posted by Xlt680Ultra
[br]The pods are suppose to increase air flow which would make a lean condition resulting in jetting up, But the Air is that it is taking in is warmer air, which means you should lean it out. What is everyone take on this? And dose this effect the pilot jet at all or just the mains?
Do you have pods on the sled now? I have 3 UNI Filter pod filter that have never been used taking up space in my tool box. They are for 38mm carbs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe that will explain the bog I have of the line, Im running 45 pilots in all three holes, which is what the pipe manufacture recomends, but that is with air box's I will drop to 35 and seed what happens. I know it gets even worse with the choke use. It almost dies completely.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run the POD because I have too. No room for the Air box. because of the poisiton the motor is in. I just dopped the Pilots to 40 to see what happens, when we get some snow, what a bad year. As for gas milage it is pretty good, 200 miles to a tank amd depends on what type of riding I like WOT, but I do run a dial a jet system. this agments 10%-15% and fills in any lean condition. I'm usually a 1/4 tank ahead of any one else that is running Carbs. I love the way the sled runs just trying to stop the stutter of the line.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I'm with SD
unless you have gutted your sled so the under hood air is easly dispersed out of the hood and always being replaced with cool fresh air, not your hot contaminated air which is more than likely causing your bog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts