Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I gotta share my experiance, in September I walked into the local Yamaha dealership to see a friend take delivery of his new Black Widow F7 hold over. I end up putting $ down and ordered a Phazer FX. Well I was told 2-3 weeks for delivery. As time went on, I kept hearing the same thing, "it's on it's way, we don't know where it is, if not end of October, then 1st week of November, no one can get them, or has them." A couple weeks ago I was told that there were 3 ordered, one for me from October, and two for November, well that sounds to me that they waited to order all of them at the same time, so they put me off I feel like. Last week I go in to get Polaris stuff, still no clue on the Yami, now we are two months down and I have no sled.

To add to it, I ordered $1000 worth of clothing and acc, which they gave me 10% off, but was not going to bring it all home until I took delivery, and I was planning on purchasing a 8x10 tilt trailer too upon delivery.

So today I decided to go to St. Cloud with ultra21x, and we are passing through Brainerd so I say, hey lets go to Brother's Motorsports to see if they have one, so help me if they do, I will not be happy, I was told by someone a couple weeks ago they had some all the time. So we walk in, and what do I see? Yup two FX's, one of each color, so they tell me that have sold a lot of them, and have had them, and have even more coming Monday. So I tell them about my situation, and they are shocked, and they offer to match Bemidji, give me 15% off all acc. and clothing, so I call Bemidji, they have no idea where and when the machines will come in, and I tell them I am looking at two currently and they have more here on Monday. So me having a limited winter this year, being my final one with snow, I tell them I do not want to wait until who knows when, and I was told 2-3 weeks max and we are over 2 months.

So I get the FX, a trailer which I will pick up this upcoming week since we had a car hauler on my friend's truck, and some clothes, and a bunch of acc. that will be shipped up to me.

They treated me really really well and I had a great experience, even though a few years ago I didn't there, they made up for it this time! Actually they did a few weeks ago when I went helmet and goggle shoopping and trading of sizes of my jacket that was originally bought in Bemidji.

As far as my stuff in Bemidji, I will get to spend my deposit on stuff I ordered, and they can keep the rest of the gear and sell it to someone else!!

So here are some pics of today's purchase and a different color of GT that I never saw listed anywhere or seen:

And the oddball:

I'll post some new pics once I get the accessories shipped to me and installed!

This thing steers like on a dime on pavement and has good low end from the little I babied it to the garage. It is also very easy to unload and move around!!!

-Skip

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
nice pic up skip, but why is this your last winter with snow? you movin to south? I personally don't think I could spend that kind of cash on a sled knowing I was only going to get a partial season out of it. [xx(]

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I forgot to add, I was talking to Bemidji on the phone and the guy goes " You know, if you get it elsewhere and need any service work done....." so I go, well it shouldn't matter where I take it, if something is warranty and I move accross the U.S. I can bring it to any Yamaha dealer to get work done.... "ya, but you lose the hometown....." I have to go there for all my Polaris needs, so your still going to be getting my money....

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by rev500ss
[br]nice pic up skip, but why is this your last winter with snow? you movin to south? I personally don't think I could spend that kind of cash on a sled knowing I was only going to get a partial season out of it. [xx(]
Got a job offer in Washington D.C. planning on moving April-July sometime. So I want to enjoy Winter, and keep it for vacation when I come home to visit and whatnot!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
take it with, store it then take a few trip's to New York [:)]....lol Hope everything works out for ya, enjoy the new toy. and make sure you let us all know how it performs!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks good, tell the dealer you might just go elsewhere, instead of being dicked around.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ya I've always has great service through Brothers. We've never bought vehicles from them, but clothing and parts when we really need them. We have a cabin 10 minutes outside of Brainerd so we get over there a bit, just to see whats new in there. Its nice to have a place to get parts real quick if you have a problem at the cabin.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Scott,

SWEET! That sucker looks like it is mad at the snow and wants to chew up a bit of. Good for you!

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Last week i just bought a jacket from brothers. good place to deal with.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Nice shiny pick up Skip. If you take that trip to NY next year let us know, we'll show you around!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know, the staff at the dealship told me that the first time you start it, let it run for 15 mins, so I did that already, then they said when I got for a ride, just get on it and ride it like you stole it. I asked about break in and they said nope, just literally ride it however you want. The manual says 300 miles under 8k, 200 more miles under 10k and then ride however.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nice sled. I really like those new Phazers. I would like to get a mountain lite for the wife. I would do the break in according to the manual. The rings still need to seat & the cams also need to be broke in to. Just to play it safe. I'm sure you're gonna have lots of fun with the FX.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Cool sled, Havent ever been to the dealer in Bemidji but we went to Brainerd on vacation and stopped by brothers to look at some race bikes and they were very nice and helpful

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
very nice lookin sled. hope it runs good

1 - 20 of 24 Posts