Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after alot of work and money it is finally done it started out as this a stock 91 indy trail 488 with 1,152 miles on it.
[attachment=50856]
[attachment=50857]
[attachment=50858]
[attachment=50869]
then i changed alot of things bored .20 over, ported polished, fox shocks all around, c&a skis, low black windshield, blue under glow blue, powermadd hand guards, a new seat, bar hooks, some custom painting, upgraded chaincase/brakes from a 93 xlt, clutched, and geared.here is some pics of it finished.
[attachment=50859]
[attachment=50860]
[attachment=50861]
[attachment=50872]

what do you think any suggestions on improving it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
black seat would look good and it would look a lot better on snow lol[:p]

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yeah a blue skid plate. What about paint or some new decals if you got the money or something like polishing the tunnel or anything that would make the sled look better . I love the handgaurds though.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i was gonn a pull the decal off the bumper havent had time yet. i just put that skidplate on it for now it was in the shed

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice lookin job! The ski's are sweet.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Not too shabby lookin'...you turned it around quite nicely.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
paint the exhaust maybe? imo it would perk up the engine a bit..other than that nice project

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i dont think i would attempt to rebuold an old sled like that. i always hear its better just to buy a bigger one and start fresh.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
why?? whats wrong with building something thats old? he might not have enough money for something else or he might just like the sled and want to make something different out of it to catch peoples eye.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
aome people also just do that kind of stuff for fun...its nice to do stuff like that. it makes me feel good knowing i restored a nice old sled.

·
Registered
893 Posts
holy crap, that looks amazing. It looks so much better than stock! i think you'll like those C&As i know i sure like mine. If you look on ebay you can find a bunch of skidplates.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by Sledneck_dsmer
[br]why?? whats wrong with building something thats old? he might not have enough money for something else or he might just like the sled and want to make something different out of it to catch peoples eye.
thats what i did(or doing) nothing wrong with that. hey great job mabey ill see that sled on the trails. the only thing i would do is paint the pipe black or chrome.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats what i did(or doing) nothing wrong with that. hey great job mabey ill see that sled on the trails. the only thing i would do is paint the pipe black or chrome.
[/quote]

yea maby i ride lowvillarea alot with my dad

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey man, that sled is looking really nice. Its awesome to see people taking older sleds and making them look really nice again. Good job!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts