Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got down at the cabin around noon christmas day and i got to wrenching on my sled at about 1:30. I worked on it for the rest of the day and into the night when i screwed up the threads on the end of my cog shaft so i had to wait till the next day to go up to a friends shop up the road and he cleaned the threads up with a die. so once i got that over with the parts started flying on once again.

By the time it was dusk i pulled my sled out of the garage and finally got to take it for its first ride since blowing it up on lake winnipeg last winter. I took it for a quick ride that night amd then spent some more time on it the next day.

I spent the week out there breaking in my engine and looking over my sled and making sure nothing has come lose.

Anyways there wasnt much snow till the last day when it snowed about 10 CM and i got to try my hand at carving for the first time and i had some fun with that, reminds me of slalom skiing where you try to get lower and tighter. anyways here are some build up pics and some riding pics.

I should have put the before pic in earlyier but better late then never
[attachment=21306][attachment=49035]
[attachment=25907][attachment=28048]

After

[attachment=54356][attachment=54357]
[attachment=54358][attachment=54361]
[attachment=54359][attachment=54360]
[attachment=54362][attachment=54363]
[attachment=54364][attachment=54365]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by eddie1920
[br]666 on the side? like the deviL?
The number of the beast, guess you dont listen to Maiden

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
looks great

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Sled looks great Brian...nice work!

·
Registered
893 Posts
your work has definately paid off!!!!! glad you got some snow also

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
SICK SLED! Not a big fan of the 666.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by extremesummerfilms
[br]SICK SLED! Not a big fan of the 666.
just woundering, what number would you prefere? or no number?

I picked 666 because its the number of the beast and i thought it would go good with my sled, its not like i worship the devil

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Looks sick. But the seat color and the hood don't quite match, but still looks dam good.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Man, that sled looks awesome! Nice Work!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well just got back from my first trail ride for my finished sled and all i can say is there is room for improvement.

I have no traction and i have a feeling it is time for a new belt. I say this because my friend with his 05 800 MXZ rex with the X suspention package walks away from me when were both cralling. We both hammered on it a few times and he would jump out infrom of me real fast and it was like i was standing still. then he would slowly move further away from me. My track is worn bad and i think my belt is too.

other then my need for speed problem the sled was great. it seams better on gas with the ported and polished engine and it seams to run smother. it is also great for having to stand up in a hurry with the new seat and handlebars. I also noticed a diffrence in the front ends abbility to handle bigger bump and some jumps with the new 02 zr springs i put on. My suspention all around seams better since i had thicker oil put in the shocks. Another good thing was i like the looks my sled is getting on the trails. [:)]
[attachment=54995][attachment=54996]
[attachment=54997]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I replaced all the belly pans with black ones and added a center skid plate to hopfully prevent the damage that was caused to my bulkhead from the previose owner (you can see the damage in my other thread in sled shed on the build up of my sled).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts