Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad's friend has a 2001 Ski-Doo mxz 440 fan the sled is in great shape. But he blew the top end so right now its at a dealer getting fixed and there going over everything so it's ready for this winter. The sled as 3,000 miles it also has reverse.

Things I would like to know

Is it good on gas?

How much hp?

It's only gonna happen a few time but can you ride two teenagers on the sled with out working it to hard?

This isn't the kinda sled I wanted but hes giving me a good deal and the sled looks like its in great shape.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
My dad's friend has a 2001 Ski-Doo mxz 440 fan the sled is in great shape. But he blew the top end so right now its at a dealer getting fixed and there going over everything so it's ready for this winter. The sled as 3,000 miles it also has reverse.

Things I would like to know

Is it good on gas?

How much hp?

It's only gonna happen a few time but can you ride two teenagers on the sled with out working it to hard?

This isn't the kinda sled I wanted but hes giving me a good deal and the sled looks like its in great shape.
Good on gas? sure.

HP? Not much.

2 riders? Not safe or recommended, but it will survive.

Fun? H3ll yeah!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
i would say around 80 mph. not sure of the hp. should get decent gas mileage.not a gas guzzler but definetly not a prius

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw rode the sled when it was running good. It can pull the skis of the ground pretty good for a fan cooled. It's a lot of fun the throw around.

If I buy this sled I won't be buying any other sleds for the winter so I wanna know this is gonna be the right one. He's only asking 700 bucks I could make money on it if I sold it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
$700 sounds high for a blown up fan cooled s chasis. worth about 1000-1200 in nice running shape. reason it pulles the skis is cause it has the first sc10 in it. http://www.ski-doo.com/SkiDooPublic/_Static/archives/english/archives_2001/pdf/MX_Z_2001_FAN.pdf

good gas mialage

hp im sure less than 80, prolly in the 50-60 maybe 70 area

i keep the rpms up on my fan and i have had no problems with it. 98 formula sl with the type 503 fan. skidoo owners center with past models http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Owner.Center/PreviousModels.htm

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
NY98xltsp said:
i would say around 80 mph. not sure of the hp. should get decent gas mileage.not a gas guzzler but definetly not a prius
80 MPH, I would say that is in the back of the truck on the way to the trail, right? probably more like 60-70 tops with a light rider. probably great on gas though. As for pulling the skis, I have no Idea what guys get out of that, It is definitely not a show of horsepower. But, should be a great sled for you[thumb]

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
for one, if its a 2001 it should be on the zx platform. and i ride a 99 sl 500 and plenty of fun, it will hit 70 for sure. i rode my buddies 380 once on the zx platform and it pulls pretty well. so from that i would think it would be a decent sled. and for 700 you cant go wrong!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
So are you paying $700 for the sled as is with a blown motor, or is he throwing in the engine rebuild with the sled?

·
Registered
873 Posts
As for speed, I had a '98 Polaris XCF and it would do 63 on a packed road downhill. Horsepower, you're looking at probably 50-60. A fun sled = yes...lake racer = no. I rode the crap out of my XCF and I'm sure you will do the same. Enjoy!

Chad

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
polarisIQmn said:
As for speed, I had a '98 Polaris XCF and it would do 63 on a packed road downhill. Horsepower, you're looking at probably 50-60. A fun sled = yes...lake racer = no. I rode the crap out of my XCF and I'm sure you will do the same. Enjoy!

Chad
my sons XCF440 went 78 on radar, just a hard packed stretch

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Dude, there is no question. The rebuild was worth how much he's asking for the sled.

kingofkings said:
So are you paying $700 for the sled as is with a blown motor, or is he throwing in the engine rebuild with the sled?
He said it is getting rebuilt at a shop.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
Dude, there is no question. The rebuild was worth how much he's asking for the sled.

kingofkings said:
He said it is getting rebuilt at a shop.

well, that's a deal then, no brainer[Dude]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts