Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YeeHaww! I finally got my '02 pro X 440 today.That's one sweet heavy duty chassis. O.K., snow can come any time now...........

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I know, the pro-x 440 is a very nice machine. Looks very heavy duty like it is ready for the jumps!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I can't wait to beat it over the moguls!They changed the graphics from the brochure, it looks just like the new liquid.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congrats on the new sled, post some pictures for us.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

Did you get the liquid or fan? The liquid is the race one very hard to get(I know I want one damnit).

[/quote]

95 XLT Special
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

Did you get the liquid or fan? The liquid is the race one very hard to get(I know I want one damnit).

[/quote]
I got the fan cooled model.The new 440 liquid has undergone major changes for '02 in the steering and suspension systems.That thing is totally radical and costs mega-bucks($7,899.)the 440 fan has the same chassis as the 600, but only costs @$5,300.I'm too poor to afford one of the big boy liquids, so I opted for the baby pro X fan.

·
Registered
529 Posts
By getting the fan it should help you out in the fuel and oil department. My experiance of fans is that they seem to run forever on a tank compared to my 500 liquid.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dunno man, it probobly is a little better on gas but they all suck it down pretty fast.I went through tons of gas $$$ last year when I had one sled.Now that I have 2 I'm gonna need a second job so I can keep gas in the damn things!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
congratulations on your recent purchase. i for one like the looks of that sled, very nice. maybe someday i find me an edge, that is if i get rid of the wifey, but for noe the xlt sp will do just fine, besides it seems to be a popular sled here.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Hey Steve you should check with your dealer. I heard they are comming out with a new timing curve for the Pro X Fan. The one they were shipped with gets Kind of lazy on the bottom end after the engine gets heat soaked. They have a new curve that helps out with this. Just thought I would keep you posted.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally got my sled home this weekend.They had to put in a different stator(which of course was on back order)because the sled wouldn't run right once it warmed up.Well, it's all good now, and I must say that reed valve 440 sounds pretty snotty for a fan!I can't wait for some snow so I can start breaking it in!
What a freakin' ordeal it was getting this thing home!I got my stepfather to pick it up with his trailer, and this old guy kept tail gating us and weavingback and forth like a moron.The next town we go through we had to stop at a red light and BAM, that dopey sonofabitch rear ended the trailer with my brand new sled on it!(Imagine the horror!)My stepdad & I got out to see what happened and fortunately his minivan went under the trialer and left my sled unscathed.It sure did a number on the old guy's van though.Just what he deserved.I gave him a very polite scolding about the dangers of following to closely and we went on our way.Then, before we reach the next town, I look back and see a pontiac driving like two feet behind the trailer!I was beginning to wonder if I was ever gonna get this thing home in one piece!It turned out to be a carload of teens that had to see how nervous they could make me before pulling out to pass the line of cars we were stuck behind.Sheesh!Well we finally made it home , sled intact.Why do people have to drive like such asses?

normal people are boring, mean people suck

·
Registered
948 Posts
LOL, glad to hear you made it! Never sacrifice the sled. let the airbags do their job and put the car through the fence if you have to. [ chuckle ] J/K

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts