Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after about 3 years ive finally commited to puting in the pipes for good. it took so long because ive been having problems with it running stock let alone with the pipes. i finally decided it was the oiler so i took that out ran premix put my pipes in and the thing was finally running like it should be. the part that i was worried about was cutting the hood. i made a cut that you can barly notice. just need a seat and some air filter pods. heres some pics.
2010112719929194_18500.jpg

2010112719951209_18500.jpg

2010112719855928_18500.jpg

20101127192429975_18500.jpg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya it sounds awsome. im also bidding on some rmk plastic skis with red loops. ithink im going to get outbid but we shall see. if you notice the duct tape seat, im working with a pretty low budget.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i went in a un snowy field. i can spin track on the grass for like 20 ft before it hooks up then its just hard to hold on. and when the seconday clutch starts to shift its un real. i didnt have a speedo since i was riding hoodless so im not sure how fast i was going but it sure made me rething not having a helmet on. my friend was there with a 2008 tnt 600. and i was just a little put slower. i think because i wasnt hooking up. and i was alot heavier then his setup was. non the less. its awsome.

·
Registered
85 Posts
did you jet it for the pipes? and its a sweet liking sled. im looking for an ultra myself

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i went 2 sizes up from slp specs. 410 on outsides and 390 in the middle. all the plugs are running the same color. its a grey color. i know its supposed to be redish but the jets are for -10to 20 i think and it was like 50 when i rode it. so if they arnt dark enough in the winter then ill change it up.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You'd be better off using an airbox than pods, you lose HP with them... Save the $$ and put hte airbox back in.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
^^second that with the air box over filters.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Concur with the filters/airbox idea.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
slp pipes. hmm never thought about the airbox thing. should i still port the airbox like the directions say to?

and ya about the seat, im getting a agressive chassis storm seat the is mint for 25 bucks and its shorter then the sks seats so that means more tunnel;). but once i get some money im gonna get an edge seat and tank. will look awsome.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
interesting. thanks for the info i never would have known

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The technical reason for it, is that the air outside the sled is cooler, therefore more dense..

A perfect example, is to take a store bought water bottle, wash it out with hot water, and immediately cap it. Then drop it in the freezer and come back later. It will be all crinkled because the air inside the bottle became less dense and shrunk lowering the air pressure, and atmospheric pressure crushed it.

Now, crack the cap in the freezer with the bottle still cold and let it fill back up with cold air from inside the freezer, then sit it in the counter and warm up. It will be pressurized inside the bottle because the air became less dense and expanded. -- this is what happens inside your engine

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
o i knew how it worked just never thought about it. good example tho.

heres another question. what should i do with my oiler cable. i dont have one anymore?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts