Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Ski doo was at the dealer for 8 months went in for a top end came out with a new motor. First they rebuilt the top end they tried it out and blew the thing up again but it was there fault they put the intake gasket in back wards. So now I have a like new sled only 3000 miles on the body with a whole new motor.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
what kind of dealership has a sled for 8 months?

Oh, and by the way, this is something you put as your status, not as a thread....

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
I guess not a very good dealership...
I would have complained hardcore and made them pay for the labour at least!

·
Registered
622 Posts
if they gave you the motor for free sweet what all did you pay for? maybe I should take my sled their i could use a new motor!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well first we took the sled in because it wasn't running right so we said look it over and call us with what it needs. They call us they said it needs a new top end so they rebuild the top end they call back and say its still not running so then they say it needs new bearings. So first off the sled didn't even need a top end just bearings. So thy did the bearings and they put it together wrong and blow it up on a test drive so they ended up rebuild the whole motor. I payed 650.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
How can a motor not need a top end, but needs bearing? What bearings? Crank? Piston needle bearings? If one of your needle bearings were shot that means the connecting rod was slapping around inside your piston or was on the edge of doing so.

On the other hand, it's completely unacceptable for a shop to need a sled for 8 months. If you didnt make a complaint, I wouldn't be complaining now. First you make a complaint to them. If nothing, get your sled back and make sure you don't pay them a penny.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Plus side, they stored it for you over the summer!!

Burch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts