Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 Polaris XLT LTD
I finally got to ride the sled for the first time this year. Last year with the steel skis on I rode 50 miles through the ditches and my shoulders and back were so sore I could hardly move. The summer project was plastic skis and new Fox shocks under the skid to replace the old hydraulic shocks. What a night and day difference between the skis. Man this thing handles alot different and the ride was sweet to. I'm sure there's better rides out there, but for the first sled I've owned, what a drastic difference between the first riding experience and now. Rode 50 miles yesterday and couldn't even tell I'd been on the thing. I know 50 miles isn't much, but I'm just comparing to last years ride. I'm sure I'll get more than 50 miles on the upcoming SF ride in Isabella.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Its always cool to take a sled and make it better all by yourself. How much snow do you have there?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wilb, probably got about 4 inches. Just enough to get out and try things out and scratch the major itch[:D]

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Thats what we got here in the far sw corner of wi. Looks like were going to possibly pick up enough to have the trails decent early next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts