Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we went up north to a tiny town called Petersville and got to get out in some powder...we had My Yamaha 570 L/C Exciter2 and a Skidoo MXZ, a Skidoo Summet 670, a Skidoo 700 HighMark....well the exciter did very well kept up and handled well with the bigger machines...when we drag raced all four the 2 bigger sleds had a jump but i held pretty well till around 70...i had more launch power than the MXZ but got me around 70 as well...but on a full long strech i had more power than he....hehehe...but did prety well...i hit a stump going 70 with my skibut caused no damage...to the sled any ways... lol i pulled some muscles trying to hang on,but im fine....any ways i didnt get hardly any pics but here is one i got....we did do some jumps...and actually i got more air and a smoother landing than the other 3...i was very happy with my sled...it held its own even with the big boys...ay way here is the pic

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya it did very well....we put 80 miles on the machines in 2 hours...so we were booken it! lol we were doing about 70 the whole time...except in the trees and on the mogals we slowed em down...but we were haulen butt the whole time...i was pleased with how well it did...it really gave the 500 MXZ a run for its money...it seemed like he had a little more launch power in the top end but in long streches i could edge him out. for a machine that is 10 years old it did very well.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hows the ice on the swamps and lakes in the area. I watched a guy in an F150 go thru the ice on Big Lake last weekend. OK he didn't know where the warm spring was but he shouldn't have gone off the plowed roads. Looks great I had to finish trim at the cabin last weekend. Going to Lost Lake this weekend got a freebie digi cam gonna see how it works. Hopefully will have some good pics to post next week.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well...lol we were running a creek...and found open water so we got out of the creek im not to sure how the lakes were...the swamps seemed to be fine...and i know that there has been atleast 2 cars and a Fourwheeler go through on biglake.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I haven't heard about anyone dropping a four wheeler through the ice.
I delivered 650 gal of Heating fuel across the lake on moday of this week. The ice is 24" thick where the roads have been plowed all winter.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hu..it could have been on the other side maby where that little creek thing connects biglake to that little lake...i know the ice is always thin over in that area...so do you work for fishers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts