Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its really a large anchor but it can get and go. For those who have no idea what it is its a 1996 XCR 600 SP. It came triple piped stock and on the Agressive Xtra-10 chasis.

·
Registered
11 Posts
nice anchor, my friends own a polaris dealership and i love polaris snowmobiles. I will get pics of his new blue blue polaris snowmoible. It is awesome.

<marquee>
Rippin it up, Team Dune Style!</marquee>

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's a great looking anchor.
Looks in good shape, and those triples must sound sweet.

SKI-DOO ROCKS!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds ok. Its still an anchor but it sounds like crap in the 5800-6500 range. Sounds like you are sitting still but you are cruising at like 30MPH. It is really annoying and gets on your nerves FAST.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

It sounds ok. Its still an anchor but it sounds like crap in the 5800-6500 range. Sounds like you are sitting still but you are cruising at like 30MPH. It is really annoying and gets on your nerves FAST.

[/quote] It gets ripped. Plain and simple it sux. The XCR SP was a slap together sled to compete with the Mach Z and ZRT. In a 1/4 drag against my cousin on his 1996 ZRT 600 I always lost. One time I was out ahead and suddenlly I hear him wound out rip past me like he was going 30MPH faster then me. We are workinf on it and expect to make it a little better.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is that a generation II front end on a 96? I thought that was a 98 thing.

95 XLT Special
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That isn't a gen II. That is an Agressive Chasis sled. Gen II is different. The only agressive chasis sleds were XCRs and Storms.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
How does that platform handle the weight of that sled? I know my storm feels like a tank, I wonder if yours is any better.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI
1993 Polaris Storm 750
Piped and Clutched

·
Registered
529 Posts
The XLT was also put on that chassis for a year or two also.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

That isn't a gen II. That is an Agressive Chasis sled. Gen II is different. The only agressive chasis sleds were XCRs and Storms.

[/quote]

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it feels just like the storm a big old tank. my dad pulled it off the trailor at the grass drags and was like JESUS CHRIST am I dragging an anchor? It was his sled last season but he got his new viper so I am riding it. I should have a new sled next season. Hopefully a nice 440 race sled. even though the likelyhood of that is about as likely as my dad telling me I can ride the viper all season.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Yes the weight of my storm is one thing I will for sure not miss.......getting that thing stuck was about the worst thing ever...my back still hurts I think!!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts