Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a 06 fusion dragon...... i want to put LED underlights no the sled but it does not have a battery and electric start. so i started it and started probing with my fluke 179 but its no luck. having electric start as an option but not installed, i was thinking that there has to be some wires pre run in the harness that is tied into the electrical system for charging a battery that are not hooked up..... does anyone have a sled that has electric start that knows where those wires are? i found a 5v line and a 24 volt but no 12v..... its gotta be somewhere for charging.......

·
Registered
347 Posts
A buddy of mine just hooked his to 12V AC right off his regulator. If you're looking for a 12V DC source, you're not going to find one unless you have a regulator rectifier (has 4 wires instead of just 1)...

Spencer

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If you had electric start, then you'd have a different stator to charge it, via a rectifier.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
If you had a 7 or 900 you'd have dc, but I'd say your best bet is to buy polaris' accessory plug kit, a.k.a. cigarette lighter plug and hook it up. I did this to my 700 so I could have power to my GPS, Cell Phone, Ipod or whatever else i wanted to run out on the trail.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i am wondering cause i figured if it has the option for electric start there would be a rectifier to charge the battery along with a system to run the guage cluster. i am gonna get an ociloscope (spell?) from work and that way i can get exact voltage readings on the plugs and if need be build an full wave rectifier....... i am an electronics geek LOL!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
NathanExplosion said:
so i have a 06 fusion dragon...... i want to put LED underlights no the sled but it does not have a battery and electric start. so i started it and started probing with my fluke 179 but its no luck. having electric start as an option but not installed, i was thinking that there has to be some wires pre run in the harness that is tied into the electrical system for charging a battery that are not hooked up..... does anyone have a sled that has electric start that knows where those wires are? i found a 5v line and a 24 volt but no 12v..... its gotta be somewhere for charging.......
When I put them on my sled a few years ago I just tapped into my high beams(that way they would only come on at night with my high beams). LED's draw very little current so you don't have to worry about overloading anything.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
radianguy said:
NathanExplosion said:
When I put them on my sled a few years ago I just tapped into my high beams(that way they would only come on at night with my high beams). LED's draw very little current so you don't have to worry about overloading anything.
I've done that too but it makes the LED life a lot shorter. Just go to radio shack and buy a rectifier, i did today and it works great, converts the ac to dc and its only like $3 max.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts